1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

husqvarna chainsaw?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by teeca, Jun 25, 2006.

1. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

looking for people who have/had one on these saws. NOT interesred in comments on sthil/echo etc. are they as good as they claim they be? repairs both location and complexity of repairs, etc they are alittle pricey, but that isn't a major concern if the saw will last. thanks terry
  2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

there is no other saw on the market that will touch a husky i have had them all . Husky runs alot faster than other saws an they wind out at a much higher rpm . Spend that extra money its worth it!!
  3. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

do you know what model that is? i don't see a husky listed in their catalog.. i have been looking at 3 models. the 346xp, 359, and the mouth watering 357xp. the 346xp seems to be the best for the money between the it and the 359.
  4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

we had the 55 rancher for about a year and a half it worked great for us then it just died and wouldnt start had a warranty and paid extra to get the farm tough 345 and that thing is beast we love it...its a big nice strong saw
  5. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

Is their any difference in the saws that you get at your dealer compared to the ones that you can buy at Lowes?
  6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I have had Husky all my life and love them. Spend the extra money and get one!!!! I got a new husky 359 about 5 months ago and I love it. The 372XP's are good saws but the 359 will keep up with it and a lot less money. GO HUSKY:waving:
  7. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

... I've got one. It's about seven years old. Really winds up tight, about 12.5K as I recall, got plenty of power. As I understand, it has less moving parts than a STHIL and I believe comparably cheaper. Good saw, wouldn't hesitate in buying another one :).

8. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

i dont use a husky but i have heard nothing but good things about them
  9. tylermckee

tylermckee LawnSite Member
    from wa

Ive always used Husky, then seem to have a bit more grunt than a sthil in the same class. I know people with 25 year old huskys that used to get used an abused falling cedar trees as big around as my truck, with proper care the things will never die.
  10. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I bought a 350 this spring.........love it.....plenty of power.....