Husqvarna commercial 21"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheLawnBarber, Feb 26, 2007.

1. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone seen or even demoed one of these machines? Just curious of how well there doing. They have the 6HP Kawasaki in hand push, self-propelled, and self propelled blade brake clutch.

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Until you brought up this thread, I didn't even know Husqvarna carried commercial 21" mowers. I bought a $399 21" from Lowe's two years ago about half way through the summer as a temporary solution to get me through until the end of the season. I'm still using it two years later and it's been great! It has the Honda 5.5hp and even though I don't use it a whole lot, whenever it breaks, I'll probably just get another for less than half a commercial Toro or Honda.:)

By the way, as long as it has a Honda or Kawasaki, you won't go wrong there.

3. Paul in Maryland

Paul in Maryland LawnSite Member

The W21 specs are impressive; the company seems bent on matching or surpassing Toro Pro-Line in durability, at the very same price points:

• At 126, 132, and 140 lb, the W21 mowers weigh 18 to 24 lb. more than their Pro-Line counterparts (102, 114, 121 lb). The W21 may weigh even 6HP more than the specs if the weights are specified for the Honda 5.5HP versions.
    • 100 percent commercial construction: added crankshaft bearing support; heavy-duty cables and controls; robust BBC on the BBC model; commercial three-speed transmission with sintered steel drive gears and ball bearing supported drive shafts; heavy-gauge wheel adjusters, zinc-plated for corrosion resistance.
    • 9-inch cast aluminum wheels (vs. Pro-Line's 8-in. steel); dual-sealed ball bearings; natural-rubber, high-traction, self-cleaning tread.
    • Rigid cast aluminum modular deck design eliminates deck wear from height adjusters, axles, or bag mountings.
    • Heavy-duty deck-mounted engine bar doubles as a lift handle. (You'll need it.)
    • The handle's open design allows the 2.5-bushel bag to be easily removed and installed.
    I will be looking at the Husky very seriously. Durability aside, can it mulch wet grass like a Toro Pro-Line Recycler? Can it bag wet grass like an Ariens/Gravely?

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

lets see some pics of these husky comm models

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Have you looked at the new Gravely commercial 21" machine. It is available with Honda or Kawasaki power. I am a Gravely dealer, and, was not too sure this new 21" commercial Gravely was going to be much to talk about.
    However, we got one in to use for demo's, and, it has changed my mind. So far, both customers who demoed the machine were impressed enough to place orders. It is really well built and well thought out. The only drawback I see, is the weight; it is heavy. It does have nice wide tires to carry that extra weight though.

6. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Where can we see more about this Husky mower? Have me curious now..

7. lawnboy dan

me thinks it dosnt exist! if it did we would have seen or heard of it by now. i did once see a well made husky at a pawn shop that was was a cut above the junk you would see at a big box store and wondered about this model-could this be the one? it had a honda engine and was very well made but didnt look like full comm quality to me-more of a high end home model

8. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

The W21 does exist!

Sorry for the poor images. This one is half torn down. They do exist and are on the way! Availalbe this spring.

W21 Left.jpg

W21 Right.jpg

W21 Left.jpg

W21 Right.jpg

9. scorch

scorch LawnSite Member

Kind of reminded me of the John Deere JX85 which was discontinued last year. I am looking for a bunch of mowers similar to the Husky W21 but I see looking at the Husky web site it is not available in Canada. The W21 is on the US Husky web site however. Oh well, I'll keep searching....:canadaflag:

10. lawnboy dan

does look some what like the late great jd jx85. thanks for the pics