Husqvarna continues to have problems...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Richard Martin, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

When Husky went 'box store' they lost their prestige... besides,,, doesn't Jonsered own the company now???

3. Richard Martin

4. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

I tried to look at one of their walkbehinds here in central Texas and none of the dealers here seemed to care enough to help me...also went to gie show last year and they couldn't provide the demo at the show either,so I gave up....
    When I called their equipment'husky' they gave me a puzzled look....I had to explain that I used to be a fan of their enduro motorcycles....they were lost....
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I'm glad I bought my trimmer before they went box store. My 8 year old residential trimmer still starts first pull to this day. I would estimate it has close to 2000 hours on it.

6. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

So does that mean that because Stihl went box store they will go to pieces as well?

7. Richard Martin

When did Stihl go box? Which chain are they available in?

8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen them in Big R stores around here. But, Big R also has a service department, and it think that is why the can do it.

I used to have a husky 175 enduro bike when growing up. That thing was awesome.

Husqvarna still make motorcycles I'm pretty sure. But if I we're to ever get another bike, it would probably be a KTM.

9. Richard Martin

If a dealer doesn't have the ability to service on site, then they don't get to be a dealer.

10. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

They are in ACE hardware.