Husqvarna Edger for $69.65

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GravelyGuy, Jul 13, 2008.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I stopped by Lowes last night to pick somehting up and they had a Husqvarna edger clearanced out for $69.65. It looked like it had been started once and taken back. I snatched it right up bye bye Stihl.

I have two Husq. trimmers and a blower and the stuff is great.

Does anyone know if the Stihl edger blades will fit?

2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

even if they dont, blades are like a buck. good find. :waving:

3. Merlin300

Merlin300 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

OMG....You run a Tundra and now you are picking Husqvarna over Stihl? You Sir are about to be banned from this site.

Seriously, I run only Husqvarna saws and I am slowly switching all my stuff over to Husqvarna from Stihl. I have a better dealer here for them, and they are just rock solid machines.

4. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Husq. stuff is better than Stihl IMO. It starts easier, idles better, lighter weight, cheaper, cleanable air filter, doesn't spit oil out the exaust when running and leak when not running.

I wish I had a good dealer though. I have never needed to replace a single thing on my Husq. stuff, but I hate down time if I ever need to.

5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Good fine. It may not last forever, but it will last long enough for that price or even make a good backup. When I started, I bought a Husq edger and trimmer from Lowes. They didn't last very long. The magneto went out on both of them. But for $70, you should be happy.

6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i switched from sthil to husky 4 yrs ago-not a single problem so far-and i drive a tundra also

7. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

well you my friend are banned too. LOL j/k hahahaha

8. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

We better just keep our secrets to ourselves lawnboy dan:laugh: