Husqvarna Equipment... opinions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Whitey4, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Went to a trade show today, and spoke to the Husqvarna rep for a while.

I liked the feel of their 29" hedge trimmer, light, nice balance. Their blower is a Redmaz 7001 clone. I also liked the feel of their weed whacker model 326LS. The rep now knows my story, a startup for all intents and purposes, and these three items, weed whacker, hedge trimmer and blower are all items I have to buy within the next week. He said he would work out a deal for me with my local dealer. Any opinions on this hardware?

Lastly, I've been picking up so many zoysia lawns, I was wondering if I shouldn't buy a power rake-dethatcher instead of renting. They have a model, the DT22 that has an available bagger option as well as what they call a seeder option. I didn't discuss this unit with the rep at all, I just see it now in the catalog. Anyone know what this seeder kit is all about? I'm sure it would not be as good as a slit seeder, but maybe I could get by with it for my fall over seeding jobs?

Any and all feedback welcome...
  2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Anyone have experience on their multi tool Articulate Hedge Clipper attachment. I am planning to get a short reach hedge clipper and I like the idea of Honda engine, this is the only combination I can get Honda engine. Can anyone get me their opinion on how the Husky blade is.

3. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Anyone? This is a big decision for me.... I'm beggin for feedback on this one!
  4. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

i like Husqvarna stuff
  5. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

My first commercial trimmer was as husky 322 I believe. It was light weight and worked ok. We always had problems with the trimmer head staying together. This was back in 1998 I think so they might have made some changes. We run all Stihl now because we have a great dealer and it is well made.
  6. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Husky stuff over all is decent, not the best. They own red max and husky is incorporating some of red max into there line. According to husky reps though, red max is still going to be commercial 100% while husky is still in the box stores, farm store, etc. Yes, they have high end equipment but then you owe yourself to try a comparable red max unit. Now I run husky chain saws, 65cc and bigger along with jonsreed, also husky company and besides the paint, there bascially the same saws - but as far as I am concerned - the only saw! (never tried dolmar though)
  7. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i deal alot with Redmax but not with husky
  8. ProCut_48

ProCut_48 LawnSite Member
    from michgan

I use all husky stuff and i love it i even use a 48 inch wb from husky!
  9. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

When i started i bought all Husky. Line Trimmer, iz4817 Z turn, and a blower. the mower was ok. once i got on to a john deere Z i couldn't even step back onto that husky again. John Deere blows it away by far. The blower absouletly sucked Maybe i got a lemon. I could have got the Stihl Br550 for $10 less i wish i did. that husky blower hard to start, no power, and it would fall apart on me. anyways i own Stihl Br600's now those things are awesome. The weedwacker my guys love it bc its really light, but still has power. hope this helps no trying to bash Husqvarna. When I first started i wanted to own all husky stuff thought the company was awesome. Once I picked up other tools I knew i had made a mistake not trying other stuff out.
  10. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

Their Z mower's are decent but nothing to write home about, hydro walk behinds are pretty good, the blowers are excellent and most have a redmax equivalent (in my area the redmax version is priced higher though), and the trimmers are decent also.