Husqvarna equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNMOWERBOY, Mar 31, 2001.

1. LAWNMOWERBOY

LAWNMOWERBOY LawnSite Member
    from NEPA

Just wondering everyone's opinion on Husqvarna equipment? (mowers etc.)

I don't post very often - mostly because I feel (for me) its better to be quiet and be thought a fool than to open my mouth and prove it to you.

You all make this site very interesting- i always look forward to reading your input.

THANK YOU !!

LB

2. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Husky makes great 2-cycle equipment. I just bought a Deere ztr, which is the same as the Husky except for the deck, and I love it. Husky has earned its reputation.

3. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Just stay away from the home owner versions,they are really poulan products and do not last long. Other than that the commercial grade is suppose to be pretty good from what I hear.

4. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Lee,
    Your mower frame is made by Kees. Husky was made by Kees also until this year.
    Has anyone looked into Kees ZTRs? They are a good machine and alot cheaper that some of the big names. The frames are rock solid. I run an Exmark, and am very happy with it. I would consider a Kees ZTR for my next purchase. I have a Kees 48 walk behind that cuts great.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Husky owns Kee's.........

6. BIG D

BIG D LawnSite Member

I would have to say that there trimmers are some of the best available. There old models stink (225). I sold several hundered of the 300 series last year and only had 5 or 6 warranties to perform. Not bad. Plus they are extremely light and powerful.

7. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I like Husky. I have had a few pieces of small equipment over the years. I have a chainsaw now, it screams!! RUns great and I like it.

8. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I have the 55 Rancher chainsaw and the 155bt backpack blower. I love both of them.

9. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

I was looking at the hoovering mower that Husqvarna came out with, I thought It might be ok with trim jobs and such, This spring I seen a 61' ztr, They look sturdy, but I haven't seen anyone run one to tell you how they perform.....Until I do, I won't be the fool to buy one myself

10. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

The hover trimmer is the only thing I ever bought from Husky that was disappointing. In perfect conditions its about half as fast as a regular trimmer. In rough conditions it won't hover at all and is pretty much useless. My dealer took it back, no questions asked. You'll be much happier with their 322L, which I have and think its probably the best trimmer ever built.