Husqvarna ETS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lbilawncare, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Is anyone running the ETS Walk-Behinds from Husqvarna? I haven't seen on in person but am intrigued by the design- especially the height control. I currently run Toro T-Bars and the ETS looks comparable in pictures, but I have a premonition it is just glorified pistol grips like the Exmark ECS.
  2. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I run a husqvarna with the ETS. its a little better than the pistol grips. The 48 inch I have is a pain to lower and raise the deck but most of the time I run at 3.5 inches anyway. rear of deck takes major work to lower...not to be done in the field. the front casters have spacers but you have to take the shaft COMPLETELY out to move spacers, even though they have that cut out area on the spacers. the Height adjustment is very similar to the JD GS30 mower.
    It stripes real well, though

BAYCARELAWN LawnSite Member

it still works like a pistal grip stay with toro I did, t- bar is the only option. by the way it is not hard to put the t-bar on other mowers my father has a scag 36 with a t-bar off a toro that I had as a part mower after it died, and he just had to flip the pullies and bolt on the toro parts, I am thinking of making some after market kits If anyone is interested
  4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Glorified pistol grips....

Do a search for Husqvarna here.... I think you'll decide NOT to buy...