Husqvarna Gear Head

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by DLCS, Aug 27, 2006.

1. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I got a Husqvarna trimmer with a bad gear head. Can you get parts to repair the gear head or do you just replace the whole head when it dies? Sounds like a gear is stripped. Anyone know a place online that sells Husky parts?
  2. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you taken the head apart? This in itself is not always the easiest thing on some 2 cycle, I do not know any on-line husky parts suppliers but find out what items are bad inside the head and price them against the complete head if you are doing the job yourself you may save a few bucks but to take it to a shop it would not be worth rebuilding because of the labor, Most new gear heads around the $100+ range. Good luck hope this helps:)
  3. greenscapes inc.

greenscapes inc. LawnSite Member
    from Utah

When mine went out I had to buy the hole new part. I think it was around $79. Easy to install, just find a Husqvarna Dealer.
  4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks for the help.

I did try taking the head apart but I couldn't get the sealed bearings loose. :confused: I called my dealer and he can get the whole gear head for $85, thats probably what I'll end up doing. Parts guy told me that to have the shop just replace the gears, would end up costing more than if I bought the whole gear head. I've had this trimmer since 2000 and this is the first time that I've had to work on it.:)
  5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Does anyone know where to buy a used husky 323L shaft. My wife has a 323C and I want to make into a strait shaft.I know you can go to the dealer ( my dad) but they are almost as much as a new trimmer.