1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

HUSQVARNA Good or Bad Lawn Mower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dewos, Feb 12, 2007.

1. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

I was wondering if a Husqvarna is a good piece of equipment. I am looking to buy a few pieces of equipment off them. Blower, ZTR, Weed Whacker, and so on. Let me know what you all think? thanks
  2. Steve's Mow & Trim

Steve's Mow & Trim LawnSite Member

seems like every time I post something about a husky everyone suggests other mowers.....I am wondering the same thing you are
  3. superpack84

superpack84 LawnSite Member

I make it easy. If it cuts, use it.:)
  4. fastcutter

fastcutter LawnSite Member
    from west tn

hum.. There z's ride way to rough for me ,There trimmer is good..

For me I stayed away.
  5. abuckeye

abuckeye LawnSite Member

I love my Husqvarna zero turn and trimmer. Everyone on here has their opinion as to what equipment is the best. If you get a trimmer get the 326L lightweight and tons of power. They also came out with new BP blower not sure of the model number but it is actually a Redmax 7000, I think.
  6. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

OK thanks what do you think I should pay for a new ZTR? And abuckeye how much is the 326L run new?
    thanks for the help
  7. jinx 88

jinx 88 LawnSite Member
    from ozarks

The 326L is a really good trimmer. I've had one for 2 years. It cost me about $325
  8. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

I just recently sold a husky commercial zrt 23/52. It rides rough cut quality was ok on centipede and good on bermuda. Personally I will probably never buy another simply because they are expensive and I feel other brands give you more for your money. As far as there trimmers and blowers I tried a few (don't know what model #'s) but I didn't like them. They felt cheap and looked it compared to echo but still cost more. I do like there chainsaws but thats about it. My local dealer carries Husky, scags, bobcat, and yazoo (same as husky different paint) and the huskys never sell. If your buying used like I first did then do what you can afford but if quality is more important than price go with a scag or gravely.
  9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

OH GEEZ!!!!!!
    I have husq 48" WB belt, trimmer, edger, bp blower, chainsaw. Their handhelds are great. Their mowers are OK. I have no experience with their Z's.....but I know guys that all they run is Husq EVERYTHING from Z's on down and they swear by them.
    Envy hates their stuff though. It seems people either love them or hate them. Try one out and see what you think.
  10. EMTDUCK1984

EMTDUCK1984 LawnSite Member

The Ztr Are The Same Thing As Yazoo Kees There Trimmers And Blowers Leave Some To Be Desired Compared To Other Brands