Husqvarna HVT52 hovering trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C&K, Feb 23, 2007.

1. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

HVT52
    The Husqvarna HVT52 hover trimmer floats on a cushion of air! This model is suitable for professional work in difficult terrain. The four-stroke engine can be used on slopes of up to 45°. The HVT52 has very low vibration levels in the handle and the trimmer line can be easily replaced.

I saw one today at a dealer and was wandering how good it would be for trimming large banks/steep slopes.
    Has anyone seen or used one....what do you think?

HVT52.gif

2. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

With all the hills you got down there CK it would probably come in handy. I am buying one this year just for slopes. I have seen the Eastman hover mower in action and it does a good job. No wheel tracks either.

3. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

There is a guy here in town that uses one of these to mow some deep drainage areas that are on his properties that he maintains. I think they work great if you keep the areas mowed every week or two. If the grass gets too tall i think this machine will have a hard time with it and you would be better off cutting it back down with a hand held string trimmer. Back to the guy here in town that uses one the ditches that he does are not too deep about 6 foot deep and he just walks along the rim hangs on to the handle and just swings it up and down the side of the hill looks like a realy slick way of doing it. Id like to have one but i only have a few properties that i could use it on but for now ill stay with my walk behinds even though they are a pita.

4. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

The price was tagged at $500.00

5. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Id say thats a pretty good deal on it for some reason i was thinking that most of the hover mowers i had seen were around 900 or a 1000