1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Husqvarna hydro WB opinions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mudwisr2, Apr 17, 2007.

1. mudwisr2

mudwisr2 LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at a 50" or 52" (i cant remember which) Husq. hydro, electric start, 19hp Kaw WB. It has 150-200 hrs on it and I know the people that own it. They are asking $2400.00 which includes an almost new Pro Slide. How does the price sound on it? Also, I have heard mixed opinions about husqvarna WB's. I know every brand has its ups and downs but just wanted to get some other opinions.

2. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

We have a Husq. 15hp-48" belt-driven WB with ETS. Got a price ($900.00) we couldn't pass up. Cuts as good as most and Kawasaki engine is the same as you will find on other brands. Sounds like a decent price. Try offering $2000.00 and stand firm and see what that gets you. Husqvarna's commercial mowers are good equipment. We run Exmark equipment also and it performs almost as good.
  3. underH2Ovideography

underH2Ovideography LawnSite Member

i'm new to this, what does WB mean?
  4. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

That would be a 52" 19hp floating deck walk behind. They have individual pumps and wheel motors. Good deck belt life. No hydro issues. comfortable hand controls. Flat deck with good cut quality. Very solid mower. The only downside that comes to mind, they are a bit front heavy. (a little tough to go up over curbs, front end want to go "downhill" on steep side hills) All things considered, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Good Luck.
  5. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

WB means "walk behind mower".
  6. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

i love my husqvarna hydro w/b. its going on its third season.
  7. mudwisr2

mudwisr2 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the replies. I am a little more comfortable with the idea of getting it but need to find a reliable dealer in the area. anyone else have any experience with these mowers?