1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

HUSQVARNA, John Deere, Toro, or Honda

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dewos, Feb 14, 2007.

1. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

I am sure this one is ganna get big fast. I am looking to buy a ZTR and a few equipment with it what should I go? By honda I ment ENCORE just fyi.
  2. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

Kubota ZD21 60" is what we have now. Its nice and a diesel. Thinking about getting a Exmark 72" or Walker 72". But i still like the Kubota. Just not satisfied with the dealer
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

If those are your 4 choices then I'd say it's a toss up between the John Deere and the Toro. Both are excellent machines with great reputations. It will have to come down to your personal preferance. DEMO both and see which you like best.

I was trying to figure out when Honda got back into the riding mower business, and now has a Z mower, lol.

New Horizons: you are debating between an exmark 72" and a Walker 72"??? those are night and day different machines.
  4. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I understand that. Why you ask? The Walker has mower decks that are interchangable. So I could get one mower and have the 60" and 72 " decks save trailer space and money on mowers. I like the Exmarks better though.
  5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Toro Z-Master 52" or 60" and Toro Proline 21" 6hp kaw or Toro 36 walkbehind 15hp v-twin kaw w/turbo force deck and Echo trimmers, blowers and you can't go wrong.
  6. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds bullit proof