Husqvarna may be at it again

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Willofalltrades, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got wind of a rumor that Husqvarna is buying Wright MFG. Anybody know for sure? Thoughts?

2. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

the only thing i know about is the paper trail with komatsu ,ie redmax thats deal is still in the works.havent heard about anything else

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Wow... seems like Husq. is buying out everyone here lately...

4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Well, if most people are buying products other than yours, buy all the other companies up and then run em into the ground... Then people will have no other choice than to buy yours.

5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't say that. I love the husqvarna handhelds. they are light and powerfull and last with the best of them.

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I've only heard about them buying redmax komatsu zenoah out.

7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I have to agree with that. Friend of mine has a Husq. string trimmer that i have ran quite a bit, and I have to say, it is prolly my favorite string trimmer i have ever ran. Nice and light, which is good when you are doing 15 or more lawns a day. I am pretty sure my next trimmer will be a 323L, and also am seriously considering buying a Husqvarna. chainsaw tomorrow for my tree removal job comming up.

I am also a Husq. fan by default because they bought out Dixon mowers here recently, and also Bluebird.

Another thing... didnt someone recently buy Ryan and some other stuff? Was that Husqvarna

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Hope this is just rumor.
    If not, somebody needs to drop in and give Bill a swift kick in the arse.

The RedMax thing won't go through until sometime next year.

9. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I haven't heard anything about that one. I don't think Bill and Jim would sell out such a great product line. :hammerhead:

10. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I have Husq. 48 WB, trimmer, edger, blower, chainsaw. I like 'em all. The edger could use a little more torque, but overall I like everything I have, made by Husq.