Husqvarna Mower Owners (help me)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chrisk, May 25, 2002.

1. chrisk

chrisk LawnSite Member

I was all set to buy a new Exmark Turf Tracer 52inch until I found out that a local dealer in my area carries the Husqvarna mowers.

My Exmark dealer is knowledgable but not the friendliest guy around. I don't trust him!!!

The husky dealer is great he has worked on my 4 wheeler and has always been good to me and my family.

So my question is,,,,,Does anyone out here own a husky walk behind??? If so which one and what do you like and not like about it???

It looks like to me that the Husky is built better (stronger) than the exmark.
    Most of the specs on them are the same except the husky has a lever so you can raise and lower the deck while mowing.
    Husky also has a bigger gas tank.
    The husky comes standard with elec start and pto.

Husky Owners,,,,,, what do you think of your machines????

2. J&M Lawncare

J&M Lawncare LawnSite Member

They're great!!! I don't have walkers, i've got the riders. 42 & 61" and I just started running doubles and still no troubles. My husky dealer(s) are great too!!

Good luck with your choice.
  3. chrisk

chrisk LawnSite Member

Anyone else have an experience with them?????????
    I'm ready to buy today.
  4. Doh!

Doh! LawnSite Member

chrisk, I'm in your area so i was just wondering if you've been shopping for exmark at the dealer on Preston hwy?
  5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

at one time i was told the kees were bought by husquevarna,
    i do know the old kees walk behind ,i had was second to none in cut quality.i didnt have the hydro tho.good luck
  6. Krimick

Krimick LawnSite Member

I've never used a Husqvarna walkbehind but I do have a lot of Husky equipment:

- (2) 42" riders
    - (4) 21" push mowers
    - (2) chainsaws
    - (2) sting trimmers.

I have nothing but good things to say about their equipment, never had a problem with any of it. They're chainsaws and trimmers are the best I've ever used. I have no use for a w/b but if I was looking for one I would definetly consider a Husqvarna.
  7. Lawn Man 5

Lawn Man 5 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I have a 48in with a 15 hp Kohler Belt Drive With a bagger.
    I t is about a year old. Haven't had one problem. i'm currently running doubles and love it. Works Great. One nice thing about these is the maintenance free spindles. Mine is the Old style pistol grips. They now came out with a different setup up, (controls up top). Check it out on the web site or the catalogue
    I tried it out and it was Grear much easier