Husqvarna Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Holloway Lawns, Apr 26, 2001.

1. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking to purchase new mowers and was wondering if any of you use Husqvarna or know anything about this brand?

2. LAWNMOWERBOY

LAWNMOWERBOY LawnSite Member
    from NEPA

HI-

I am new to the business- my partner and I just purchased a 21" / 6.5 hp/ self prop./ w- swivel wheels/ mower for about $550.00

appears to be a well built commercial piece. really haven't put many hrs on it yet.

LB

3. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

I too just bought the 6.5 HP 580RSW (swivel wheels) and this thing is a excellent machine.
    I first used it to mow part of my backyard which had 8-10 inch long grass and it mowed as though there wasn't anything there.
    It's also very fast.

My dealer tells me this differs from the Airens machine (Airens makes it)by using steel wheel versus plastic and a debris/garbage net at the top of the grass catcher.

4. Buzzard

Buzzard LawnSite Member

Did yours have the Robin engine? If so, I have the same unit and have been pleased so far. I was thinking of adding the swivel wheels - another $90. What caught my attention was the price - I paid $760 in January. Thanks for the information.

5. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

I also have the 21" with the swivel wheels out front. I used it last year. The bagger works great. You may have to re tighten the self propelled adjustment it will then to losten up over time. Basic maintenance. Make sure that the spindle for the blade is the one from ariens that is made of steel. the alum ones last year had some problems.Other then that I like it.