Husqvarna Mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tony Clifton, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have any input, positive or negative regarding Husqvarna mowers?
    I did a search on this site and came up with a few results but I would like some more, fresh input.
    Thanks!

2. BostonBull

BostonBull LawnSite Senior Member

I use the 21" with the Honda engine for my house. I love it and have NO complaints. Starts first pull EVERY time and has plenty of power. I also really like the ease of the wheel adjustments.

3. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Had one, sold it, won't buy another. It was an ok machine but they don't compare to the other larger brands.

4. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Are we talking 21"s, walkbehind or rider's

5. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

Albery's what larger brands are you refering to? What doesn't compare?
    I am refering to walkbehinds and riders.

6. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Scag, Gravely, Hustler, Exmark, Toro, etc. Build quality isn't as good to others. Hydro pumps were too small, and would overheat. Controls were jerky, cut quality wasn't near as good as others. Ruff ride!!! For what a husky goes for you can get a much better Z for nearly the same or less money.

7. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Our experience was similar with a 2004 27hp 61in ztr. Cut quality is good on well maintained lawns but can't let it get high (or wet).
    I hear they have addressed most of the issues on the newer ones, though.

8. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Same problems I had. Mine was a 52/23, I heard the new ones were better but I had a guy bring in his brand new IZ52/32 for service, and I used it to mow a small patch of grass beside the shop (perfect smooth centipede) and I still wasn't impressed. And I only mowed with it because he complained about the deck belt jumping off (same problem I had with mine). I think Husky should stop buying up other brands and fix there own machines.

9. Boonman

Boonman LawnSite Member
    from NY

I demo'd a Husky before I got my Toro, and if all the dealers Toro's are out when I take mine in for warranty work, they give me a Husky. I HATE them. All the things mentioned above. Rough ride, hydros that chatter when just loading the machine on the trailer. Hills, forget about it. Their spindles suck. Cut quality is average, to below average. It just plain sucks. Leaves multiple stringers, and the clipping dispersion is sub-par at best. Very "chincy" looking, and feeling. I do not like them in the least. I'd almost rather use my 36" WB instead of a Husky Z.

10. G.A.S.

G.A.S. LawnSite Member

In the last couple years, Husq. has made some great improvements, i.e., spindles, pumps, decks, great h.p. to deck ratio. At one time they were on the lower end of the market. However, they've been moving up the ladder. By no means are they junk, just not the best. Best thing to do is demo, then demo again.