Husqvarna mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kemmer, Jul 3, 2004.

1. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody here use Husqvarna mowers? I was on the northern tool site and i came across this.
    17 HP Kawasaki V–twin OHV engine with electric start
    48 in. cutting width
    10–gauge steel deck with rolled front & rear edges
    Warner 200 ft.–lbs. MagStop clutch
    Hydro–gear BDP10A pumps; Parker–Ross TE14 wheel motors
    0–9.5 mph forward; 0–5 mph reverse speeds
    1.5 in. – 5 in. cutting heights
    Three 16 1/4 in. blades
    Twin 5.7–gallon saddle fuel tanks
    Productivity: 3.8 acres/hr.
    11 in. front tires; 23 in. rear tires
    Adjustable anti–scalp rollers
    Model iZ4817
    Truck ship; 2–year limited warranty

Any Good?

Northern Tool
  2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I demoed the Hydro Walk & it Was Very Well Built...Nice Height Adjust too !

3. economiclawncare

economiclawncare LawnSite Member

yeah i run a husqvarna commercial brand 48" 18 hp does good for me havent had any problems with it so far. Let me know if you have any more questions be happy to answer them
  4. madmusic

madmusic LawnSite Member

that looks like a great peice of machinery,im looking at a kubota zg20 for 5800.00 i dont know what to buy.i like the 3 year no interest on the kubota. it has 20hp koeler 48" deck. dont know about the clutch or wheel motors it has. if you know tell me.
  5. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

For $5999 you can get a Scag Tiger Cub which is an excellent machine.

I believe that price is for the 48" with a 19 Kawasaki.

I have seen this in action and they perform very well for the price.

Lawnchoice -
  6. TGramstorff

TGramstorff LawnSite Member

I just bought a Husqvarna Zturn rider. Model iZ5223. 52" cut and 23hp kawi engine. I've only had it for 2 weeks, but so far it's a great machine. Lots of power, very user friendly. The only drawback is be careful if u get a deck-driven collection system, they have been having problems with the fan and are currently redesigning it. I purchased it with the mower, but it is not in yet, i am currently using a grass gobbler temproaraly. Grass gobbler does not make a bracket for Husqvarna yet, as they are new to this industry, so i had one fabricated, only cost $20 if u have someone who knows how to do it. Other than that i am very happy with it so far, it flies, cuts great, and reduces fatigue at the end of the day, since u havn't been walking all day. Any other questions on the machine i'd be happy to help.
  7. joe2106

joe2106 LawnSite Member

I have a 17 horse husq witha 48" deck and a 27 horse exmark lazerw/ a 60" deck. I have had much better luck w/ emarks, but I assume every one prefers a certain model. Exmark, Encore, Husqvarna, Toro, and Lawn boy are all built in the small town I am from and everyone seems to run exmark around here.

The husqvarna has been good, but to hold up to commercial mowing nothing is better than the lazer z in my opinion. They are a little more, but husqvarna has had a bunch of recalls lately.

For the money, you really can't go wrong though.

8. Lawnmedics

Lawnmedics LawnSite Member

We have a Husky 48" with two seasons on it. It has held up very well. My biggest problem is the speed going backwards. My Toro is a much mower.
  9. notforprofit

notforprofit LawnSite Member

The Husqvarnas are made by Yazoo/Kees. The 17/48 you're looking at is like the 17/48 Mid-Max. On the husky they add a bit of sheet metal on the front part of the frame where your feet set. That gives it that tapered look up front. However, mechanically they are the same. See my post from a week ago"demoed scag and yazoo/kees today". (Both were very good machines in my opinion) The Yazoo will likely be a good bit less expensive for the same machine as well. I know I'm biased, I bought the Yazoo 2352 Mid-Max.