Husqvarna mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gophergetter, Mar 17, 2005.

1. gophergetter

gophergetter LawnSite Member

This has probably been hashed out a million times,but I am stumped.I have a lco out in the Sierras and the local dealer only services Husqvarna mowers.I would have to drive at least an hour to get any service done if I went the scag or walker route.Any input of Husqvarna mower quality would be great.Thanks

2. Mowmoregrass

Mowmoregrass LawnSite Member

Walker, Huskey, Scag are 3 different animals. Meaning walker and the other two are totaly different. I would stay away from Husky and narrow your chioces that way.

3. gophergetter

thanks for the input,anything helps.It will be awhile till we see any grass,still 5ft of snow on the ground.

4. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Husky I have is OK, but not as tough as my Dixie Chopper. Don't like the Kawisaki engine as much as teh Kohler on my Chopper

5. gophergetter

Do you guys feel that service being an hour away for the other models could pose a problem.

6. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

not to big a problem if they offer "no down time plan" where they give you a replacement mower if your new one goes down.

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Why do you say stay away from Husqvarna?

8. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Even though the Skag and Walker dealers may be an hour away it may pay you to go to them. Why? Because even though your Husky dealer may be next door to where you live he won't do you any good if he can't get the parts. I owned a Husky Z several years ago and thought it was a great mower but getting parts almost always took a week. Can you afford to have a mower down for a week? I'd think long and hard before I ever bought another Husky.

9. RoyalZ

RoyalZ LawnSite Member

I hope what you say isnt true for Husky. It seems like a solid unit. I paid alot for it.

10. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

Husqvarna For Sale!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just saw this last night.....from Bloomberg Financial News.....

Bloomberg News

Electrolux to Spin Off Outdoor Business After Profit Falls 37%
    Feb. 15 (Bloomberg) -- Electrolux AB, the world's largest maker of household appliances, will spin off its outdoor-products unit and step up the relocation of production after fourth-quarter net income fell 37 percent.

Electrolux said it plans to have shifted most manufacturing by 2008 as part of a plan to save 2.5 billion and 3.5 billion kronor a year from 2009. Net income slid to 728 million kronor ($104 million) in the quarter from 1.15 billion kronor a year earlier, the Stockholm-based maker of Frigidaire refrigerators said today in a statement.

Chief Executive Hans Straaberg is moving production from Western Europe and the U.S. to countries such as Mexico and Hungary where labor is cheaper. Electrolux and rival Whirlpool Corp. are also raising prices as costs for materials such as steel climb.

``Consolidation and relocation of production are requirements for achieving long-term competitiveness and profitability,'' Straaberg, 47, said in the statement.

Electrolux said it will complete the spinoff of the outdoor business no later than mid-2006. The division, which makes Husqvarna chainsaws and cutting tools, had sales of 27 billion kronor last year and about 11,500 employees.