1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

husqvarna mz6128 stuck fork!!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by hitman01, Aug 30, 2011.

1. hitman01

hitman01 LawnSite Member

Hello all,

I recently purchased a Husqvarna MZ6128 to mow five acres with. I like the 3400 hydros and 61" deck as well as the 23" tires. At 9 hours the B&S engine went , it now has the B&S Cyclone engine out of Husqvarna's commercial mowers. With 17 hours on it the right front fork will not turn. It is under warranty but I am far from the dealer and don't feel like paying them to pick it up again and pay them to deliver it. I took off the bearing cap and there is plenty of grease in there. What would cause the fork to seize at 17 hours, and how might a fix it? Should I try loosening the castle nut? or call my dealer again....

thanks for your help!

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Call your dealer and hash it out with them, I've never had a issue with such a new machine (another brand). If the customer couldn't load it to bring to me I'd go get it free of charge, A happy customer is a returning customer.....

3. hitman01

hitman01 LawnSite Member

I popped the grease cap off and removed the castle nut and found a trashed bearing. I called the local dealer and he said that every machine from husqvarna came from the factory with no grease!! He said that they try to pack it full with a grease gun but obviously did not. Of course would have to order bearing so I went to another tractor store and matched the bearing. Packed it with synthetic grease and that made a world of difference. I can already tell the other side is failing. 8 dollar bearing lubed properly and the machine will be better than when it got delivered.

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Makes you wonder how these hack dealers stay in business..... :dizzy:

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It's been like that for years.

Oh yes, front forks not fully greased, doesn't surprise me one bit.