Husqvarna MZ6128ZT for $5000 new!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rickpilgrim, Apr 29, 2013.

1. rickpilgrim

rickpilgrim LawnSite Senior Member

In our hunt for a lower cost 52" or larger ZT mower I found 6 new Husky ZT mowers on my local craigslist. They are all 2012 (BAD drought here) models with fan cooled and filtered zt3400 hydros, Briggs 28hp industrial endurance engines w/oil cooler heavy frame(heavier than our Toro 52"), fabricated mower deck, Ortega clutch and almost 5 gallon fuel tank! Not to mention I walked in to the local Husky dealer, told them I saw an ad for that model 28 miles away for $4999.00 and if they would match it we'd take it and BOOM on our trailer it went. Now a equal sized Hustler was $6800 with smaller drive tires and hydros, Toro dealer was $1000 higher than Husky on a 52" with the zt3100 hydro's and Walker/Ferris/Deere said they could not even come close.
    Now I realize our Husky has aluminum spindles, but they have the same bearings and shaft/pulley saddle and blade as the commercial cast iron spindle and housings(cast iron) are $89.00 ea and it is a Briggs engine(Our new gen Kawasaki's are not all that either) but hey, 2 yr warranty on all and for the 15-20 hrs a week we will use it it was hard to beat!

2. tomace699

tomace699 LawnSite Member

Congrats on the purchase. I bought my 6128 last year to mow my 3 1/2 acres and have been pretty happy with it. I had one issue with the electric choke system that was causing the engine oscillate rpm when warm. After a couple of attempts to resolve, my dealer ended up removing the electric choke module and replacing with a manual choke, problem solved! Interestingly, the new MZ6128 now comes with a manual choke standard.

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Any pictures? I'm considering one. Was looking at the Pz but its probably overkill
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. TinMan1

TinMan1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SC

PZ is full commercial top of the line if you really need it
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. whiffyspark

What would you recommend
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. TinMan1

TinMan1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SC

Unless you do full blown mow 8 hr a day everyday, The LZ and MZ series are great mowers

7. rickpilgrim

rickpilgrim LawnSite Senior Member

http://wausau.craigslist.org/grq/3704555706.html

Just cut and paste this link into your browser and there are vey good pics and discription from a husky dealer 16mi away from us.
    The only reason we did not by from him is that he is not willing to deal on price. My dealer here in Wausau was not only willing to deal, he threw in a set of blades, belt and filters/oil as he has never sold a husky bigger than a 52" and he had to take the machine on his stock order and it came with the service kit.
    They also would not register it to our business name, they used our personal names saying he wanted us to have "maximum warranty, but you will never need it"

8. whiffyspark

I almost brought that exact machine last year but thought I would hold out and step up to a pz

There is a huge thread on here from jimq
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. mpriester

mpriester LawnSite Member
    Male, from Dunbar, Pa.

i bought that same mower at the beginning of last year and have nothing but good to say about it.its got 235 hrs on it, runs great, cuts beautiful, easy to maintain, stripes well. Good choice.

10. 360lawncare

360lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i bought the mz 52in myself and have nothing but good things to say about it. Great mower!!