Husqvarna offering Red Max Models for 07

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tallimeca, Feb 23, 2007.

1. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of you know that Husqvarna purchased Red Max. Some people were asking what will happen.

Husqvarna will keep RedMax.....RedMax for now.

However, you will be able to buy "Red Max" models, labeled Husqvarna.

As of now, there is a hand blower, a could trimmers, and the Eb7001 blower available in orange. The Eb8001 will be available by fall.

Figured this might be of some help. Especially if there are guys that wanted to try out some RedMax stuff, that didn't have a dealer close by, but had a Husky dealer.

2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

What is a "could" trimmer?

They offer the 7001 and the 3000 backpac blowers but no handheld yet. Which handheld blower did you figure Husky was offering of theirs?
    Also which trimmers?

Also how did you get any of this information.

3. tallimeca

A could trimmer is a typo.......hahaha.

Yes, they are offering a hand blower by Red Max for 07, as well as a hedge trimmer, which is actually Maruyama made for Redmax.

They have 2 straight shaft trimmers from the Red Max line.

The EB8000 will be available by fall.

4. saw man

from utah

Like I said, which blower? model#'s and which trimmers?

I have not seen anything from Husky that is new from Redmax except for the backpac blowers.

5. BAKERS

BAKERS LawnSite Member

The new Husqvarna hand held blower is Husqvarna made, and they aren't offering any Redmax made trimmers under the Husqvarna name. All Husqvarna's trimmers are manufactured by Husqvarna. They do offer a couple of Redmax made Back Pack blowers, 3 models by the end of 07.

6. tallimeca

I sat with a Husky Rep and he showed me their new lineup for 07 end season. Husqvarna has their 2 stroke stuff, they have some 4 stroke with honda motors and they have 2 "Red Max" Models. I know one of them was a 26ish cc modle that retails for $349.99. And they are no long manufacturing the 2 stroke hand blowers they were previously using. They have a new blower that will retail for 149, and the new RedMax model that will be around 200.

7. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

If you think about it that is funny. Red max going to orange. Echo went to orange last year. Red max will have to rename to orange max

8. tallimeca

Echo was originally orange. They are going back to orange slowely.

The PB755 went orange. The CS370 saw is orange. And their new PB251 hand blower will be orange.

9. saw man

from utah

I have seen the new Husky stuff months ago but those handheld blowers are not Redmax. The trimmers with Honda engines have been out for years, and I still have not seen a Redmax trimmer. The only new one they have is the 335LS which is not a Redmax trimmer. Id like to see model #'s if you have any.

10. tallimeca

these are to be introduced this year. Salesman showed me all the model changes for '07. I have no reason to lie to you. I should have more info at the end of the week. But there will be 1 handheld, and the big redmax will be in husky's lineup for the fall. The string trimmers should be ready to ship for spring.