husqvarna or echo

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Skeelow, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Skeelow

Skeelow LawnSite Member

I have a Husqvarna dealer about 10 miles away in my county that has Husqvarna blowers and trimmers. I don't know much about this brand. I have 2 Echo dealers in the county beside one is about 20 miles away and the other is about 30. I have heard good things about Echo. Do you think it is worth the extra miles to buy from Echo and have service from them? Mowing is not my main job. I only mow part time and will have about 10 accounts max for next year. Thanks for your help.

2. Jaeger

Jaeger LawnSite Member

I personally have and use both models. Echo in blowers and Husky in Hedge trimmers.
    Quality, durability and ruggedness, I would probably give a slight advantage to Husqvarna for the quality of the steel used and commercial gearbox.
    That is not to say that Echo is any less. I have had a Echo blower/vac ES1000 for a gabillion years with no trouble.
    I believe it comes down to personal preference, dealer support and use.
    Husky very European in both function and design, Echo very Toyota like reliability.
    Good Luck

Erich

3. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I have mostly echo and rarely have to travel to get it serviced.:waving:

4. TripleD'sInc

TripleD'sInc LawnSite Member

All of my equipment is Echo (edger, blower, weed eaters) and I have used them for several years and have no problems. They are very durable and start up every time just like when they were new.

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I would stick with ECHO for trimmers and blowers and such. Personally, I swear by my husqvarna chain saws and I have had awsome performance from them. I've never used an echo chain saw so I can't comment on the quality of them.

6. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Husqvarna makes two models one in sweden and the other is a throw off of a cheaper brand look it over before you buy.

7. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Both brands are excellent. With that said we use only Echo products.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I would stick with Echo....tried and proven good and easy to repair.