Husqvarna or Sthil hedge trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by trimmer, Jun 15, 2000.

1. trimmer

trimmer LawnSite Senior Member

I need a new set of hedge trimmers and was looking at the Husqvarnas and sthils I have sthil weedeaters but was thinking of switching brands. Any way what brand of hedge trimmers would you recomend

2. TurfMan

TurfMan LawnSite Member

i have an echo that i like a lot. i don't have a lot trim work all year, just a lot in about a months time. what i like about my echo is, after 11 months of sitting it starts on the second pull every year for the last 5 years.<p>----------<br>thats my 2 cents, <br>mike

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I would recommend Tanaka, they are a lot lighter than the Stihl trimmers and less expensice.........I am a Stihl fan all the way on everthing else but those things tend to get real heavy after an hour or so. If its routine maintenance your doing go with the lightest ones you can find, if its heavy stuff go with the Stihl.<p>Homers opinion

4. grasscapeinc

grasscapeinc LawnSite Member

RED MAX!!!!

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Anything BUT Husky products.

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

if you have a robin dealer in your area you may go look at the robin units, light weight, awesome blades and good engines.<br>you would be impressed.

7. jnjnlc

jnjnlc LawnSite Member

I just bought a Maruyama hedge trimmer. It is great. Cuts like a hot knife through butter. Can't speak for all of the other brands but this is great. I looked at the Husky as well and choose this one because it weighed less and was less bulky. <p>I have a Husky string trimmer and would not trade it for anything else. <p>Try em out before you buy. <p><p>----------<br>Jeff<br>

8. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Trimmer, I bought a Husqvarna 225H60 and would buy another one. Excellent cut with plenty of power. Hope this helps. Mowman

9. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Stihl-the one (humming a familiar song)<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

10. MB

MB LawnSite Member

I just bought a Stihl HS-80 and it pretty much glides through anything. It's heavy, though. I do like the rotating handle. Runs like a charm.<p>FWIW, Consumer Reports (don't laugh) rated both the Stihl and the Husky hedgers at the bottom of their gas hedger ratings. <p>They suggest the $120 Weedeater brand or the $250 Echo 1500.