Husqvarna Parts + Craftsman Stickers and Paint = Sears Mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I heard recently that Husqvarna is making the Craftsman mowers now. Sears just puts the craftsman name on them. How is it so easy to get craftsman parts if they are made by Husqvarna? Also, if this is true, how does Husky sell mowers at Lowes? Are those residential models made partially by MTD? Husqvarna push mowers are alot like the Troy-Bilt ones, as far as self-propel system and deck designs. It seems like MTD companies, Craftsman, and Husqvarna us way to many of the same exact parts and engines. Is there somekind of connection between these companies? Also, does B&S own someone or are they owned by someone? Are these the only companies MTD owns?

MTD
    >McCullouch
    >Cub Cadet
    >Cub Cadet Commercial
    >Lesco
    >Yard-Man
    >Troy-Bilt
    >Yard Machines
    >Bolens
    >White Outdoor

Simplicity
    >Snapper

The Toro Company
    >Toro
    >Exmark
    >Lawn Boy

Textron
    >Jacobsen
    >Bunton
    >Bob-Cat

Who have I left out?

2. Mowman29

Mowman29 LawnSite Member
    from OH

Ferris is just like Simplicity which they both are now owned by Briggs And Straton

MTD

Roybi

3. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Electrolux owns Husky, Poulan, AYP, and alot more. The Crapsman mowers are built by AYP as well as the Husky tractors and small mowers. Husky does have a mower that is made in Sweden, but it is no longer shipped over here.

alot of the parts can be interchanged but not all. AYP also makes the Poulan mowers, as well as some Kmart brands etc.

Briggs just bought the assets to Murry, they bought Simplicity a year or 2 ago which they owned Snapper, Giantvac, Ferris, and a couple others.

4. Howie's Lawn Care

What does AYP stand for? Also, wwho owns Tractor Supply Companies Huskee brand?

5. saw man

from utah

AYP stands for American Yard Products. I believe they changed the name to EYP though, or atleast wanted to (Electrolux Yard Products)

6. saw man

from utah

The ones from Tractor Supply look like an MTD unit.

7. Howie's Lawn Care

I agree, but I don't think they have it on their site as one of their products. It's funny how people buy a $1500 Cub Cadet at Lowes when they could buy a $900 Troy-Bilt and have the same machine for $600 less plus the more attractive color.

8. MrFikit

MrFikit LawnSite Member

Lesco is NOT owned by MTD. Lesco buys their mowers built the same way they've always been built for years, from MTD (actually CTP, a subsidary of MTD)

9. Howie's Lawn Care

A seperate company owns Lesco, and that company is owned by MTD. The name was mentioned on a post yesterday, but I can't remeber it. This is supposably why the Cub-Cadets and Lesco look alike. Either way, it sounds like MTD makes them even if they don't own them.

10. Redneckn

Redneckn LawnSite Senior Member

EHP= Electrolux Home Products.
    They actually own AYP, Poulan, and Husky.