Husqvarna PZ Series

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by puppypaws, Aug 1, 2013.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I've explained this to my friend and we are actually in the process of trying to get a 3100 for him to test. I've been the one trying to talk him into the 3100, he has a few rougher properties he cuts, and with age comes the need for a better ride.

2. CurbAppealKS

CurbAppealKS LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah there is nothing wrong with the ride that the 2000 series offers, but stepping up to the 3100 is night and day!

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Any cut quality pics of the husky? Would love to see them, especially on cool season grasses.

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

You'd never be able to tell it from a 7 Iron as long as it was set up right. They are like two peas in a pod where cut is concerned. No dealers around me carry them, but I have seen them out cutting while we were driving around a ways away from home, and the cut is excellent.

5. T Total Lawncare

T Total Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from The deep south

Good grief that lawn is like green carpet. That's finer than any football or baseball field I've ever seen. What is the cut height on that stuff?

6. puppypaws

I do consider it carpet, it looks like a golf green, this is his personal residence and it is Zoysia grass which is cut in the 1" range. This grass is cut with JD reel mower, he is buying a zero turn for his church and rental properties, of which some are very rough.

7. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I like the looks of the PZ series. I have never seen anybody with a husqvarna mower before. It shows we have a dealer close but im not so sure about that because it is a tool rental business.

8. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Around here a lot of the tool rental places are Stihl or Husky dealers. They usually have handhelds on display, but have to order bigger items.

9. T Total Lawncare

T Total Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from The deep south

How often does he have to cut it to keep it looking like that? I bet he spends a fortune in chemicals and fertilizer to keep it weeded and that color.

10. puppypaws

Not really, Zoysia is a really strong, durable grass, one that does not require a tremendous amount of water. Zoysia is very easy to keep weed free, the problem that can require attention is when wild Bermuda begins to invade. I worked him up a chemical program in 2011 to fight the Bermuda, and so far we've kept it at bay.