1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Husqvarna quality

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DMA, Aug 21, 2003.

1. DMA

DMA LawnSite Member

Can purchase a 52 inch 23 hp Husqvarna with a few hours for about $2000 less than a new Exmark or Grasshopper. Seem like a qood deal to me, but not sure of the quality of the Husky, cost of repair, etc. Thank for any help.
  2. hunter

hunter LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I only have the 36" but love the cut and quailty. Sticks on hills and takes a beaten. Been very happy with ours.

I'd buy more and will.
  3. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Anyone else using Husq's?

I was looking at them the other day. Looks like a good machine
  4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 52" 23hp kawi Husky that has about 700 hours on it in 1 1/2 years use. The right spindle went bad 3 times and was replaced under warranty. By the way, spindles are guaranteed 3 years. Other than that I haven't had a bit of trouble with it.
  5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Most of the large LCO's have husky's. I was looking into the 36 but they only make it in a belt. Seem to be quality using the same hydros and engines as toro. No one that I have talked to has had a problem and one guy has had his almost 2 years and has over 2000 hrs on it. They suposedly redesigned there entire line for 2004, not sure if that is dealer talk or not? any ways good luck.