Husqvarna Rancher 460

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ericg, Nov 18, 2012.

1. ericg

ericg LawnSite Silver Member

Does anyone know if there is a link to the workshop manual for a Husqvarna Rancher 460 chain saw? I see plenty of listings for IPL's but not for the service manual. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks......
    Eric

2. dboyd351

dboyd351 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll have one for you shortly.

3. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

4. ericg

BigFish, I do not see a specific listing for the model 460. I see a model 45. Am I to assume that the repair procedures will be the same for the 460 as the 45?

Thanks.........

Eric

5. dboyd351

6. ericg

Dboyd, you are 100% correct. The 45 is not the 455. From what I understand, the 455 has a slightly smaller engine than the 460 Other than that, the 455 and 460 are the same. If you could get the manual, it would be much appreciated since I have the 460 on my bench.

Eric

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  7. dboyd351

No problem. What I'm doing is asking for the shop manual on another website and I'll pass it on to you. I have a 460 too, so I'd like the shop manual, too. The other website is usually very quick to send a response, but today they are slower.

I do have the owners manual myself that I can send to an e-mail address if you'd like. I tried to send it thru Lawnsite, but it is almost 10 MB and the limit is around 3 MB.
    If you want that e-mailed to you while we wait for a response from the other website, PM me with an e-mail address.

8. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

9. ericg

BigFish, I would like a service manual to use as a reference. I wanted to know how to replace/adjust the brake assembly. The band broke and when I took the side cover off, a few parts and screws fell out. In addition, there is oil leaking from around where the cylinder bolts to the block.

Eric

10. dboyd351

Fish,
    Arboristsite is where I'm trying to get Eric (the OP) the manual from. They are usually excellent about getting almost any manual you need, and usually do it very quickly. But today, for some reason I haven't heard back from them. As a matter of fact, there hasn't been a single post in the thread since I asked for the manual after my first post in this thread. That is very unusual.
    Don't know what is up. I'm not trying to be secretive, but I have a Husky 460, too and I just thought I'd get it sent to me and pass it on to the OP as soon as I got it, but it hasn't gotten posted yet.

By the way, thanks for that other link to Husky manuals.