Husqvarna replacement blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husq, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Husq

Husq LawnSite Member
    from navy

Been trying to find a place online to buy a replacement blade for a Husqvarna 5521CHV. I am in the military in Japan so I just can't go to my local dealer to get one. I have a 21" Husqvarna Mulcher/rear bag mower. Any blade will do but I prefer a heavy duty one that won't bend as easilly as the factory on did.

It says in my owners manual the Part No. is 532 18 90-28. Is there is a better aftermarket blade?

Thanks in advance for any help. Its my 1st mower.

2. Husq

Husq LawnSite Member
    from navy

Any advice please. So far it looks like the raptor mulching blade 302-500 may work but would rather hear it from an expert :D

3. Husq

Husq LawnSite Member
    from navy

Any advice, would I be able to swap a 21" craftsman blade from sears?

4. Husq

Husq LawnSite Member
    from navy

Is this the wrong forum for this question. I don't want to keep bumping it up from the 2nd page if it is.

Thanks

5. Nick17

Nick17 LawnSite Member

Husky, actually I just purchased one 3 weeks ago.. and both of the rear wheels locked up completely. Was doing neighbors yard, come to mow our lawn the next day, wheels were locked up.

So, returned mower and got my money back and got the Honda HRX 217. Excellent mower! No complaints and I love it do death..

I also bought the Husky as my first mower, excellent first mower.. but the Honda HRX is much better.

Anyways, to answer your question, but the stock blade. Why do you need one, was it used?

If you can dish out $650.. get it!

Take care,

-Nick

6. Husq

Husq LawnSite Member
    from navy

I need a new blade due to an unfortunate unseen rock. Blade got all bent out of shape. Just been trying to find a blade period for the mower I got and don't know if all 21" blades will fit or if I need a certain one. Can't seem to find the stock blade anywhere on the net.

7. Nick17

Nick17 LawnSite Member

go to www.husqvarna.com and search the dealer locater.. and fine a dealer that might have one.. that's what I did.

-Nick

8. Husq

Husq LawnSite Member
    from navy

Thanks Nick, the only problem I have is trying to find a dealer that has a website. I am currently living in Japan with the Navy so I just can't go get one from the local dealer.

Thanks for the reply

9. Nick17

Nick17 LawnSite Member

whoa.. my bad. I don't know if any online companies would ship to Japan anyways..

That said, I would give the raptor blade a shot.

Hope this helps,

-Nick

10. Husq

Husq LawnSite Member
    from navy

Shipping here isn't a problem since we have a USPS post office on base...they just use a military address.

I'll keep looking :)