Husqvarna riders

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JasonPC, Apr 4, 2000.

1. JasonPC

JasonPC LawnSite Member

Well, I'm just about to buy a rider. Almost threw down the 6200 bucks today to buy a 48&quot; Husqvarna commercial rider with a 17 HP Kawy. I rode it and it felt great to me. Better than most I've been on. I was going to buy an Encore, but the Husq seems so much heavier duty. What do you all think ??<p>Jay

2. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE ZTR MOWER?I HAVE NO EXP.WITH THEM BUT THEY LOOK LIKE A SCAG TO ME,WHAT ENGINES DO THEY OFFER?WHY ARE YOU CONSIDERING ONLY THESE TWO MOWERS?SORRY ABOUT ALL THE QUESTIONS BUT THERE ARE OTHER (BETTER?)MOWERS OUT THERE!<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

3. MowerUp

MowerUp LawnSite Member
    from NC

I was recently at a landcape show where Husqvarna was present. I believe their representative told me that the new ZTR was being made for them by Yazoo/Kees. I wish I could tell you more. Look at GREAT Dane before you buy. That's what I have and have been really pleased. It is very stout. <br>

4. JasonPC

JasonPC LawnSite Member

Don,<p>I'm looking at those two because that's what my dealer sells. He repairs all of our equipment the same day, always provides excellent service at good deals. Never rips me off. So I'd like to stick to him.

5. MowerUp

MowerUp LawnSite Member
    from NC

Its important to have a good dealer. I agree 100% with that. I don't really think you would be going wrong because Yazoo/Kees from what little I know make good mowers, but take your time and look around.<br>

6. MowerUp

MowerUp LawnSite Member
    from NC

Its important to have a good dealer. I agree 100% with that. I don't really think you would be going wrong because Yazoo/Kees from what little I know make good mowers, but take your time and look around.<br>

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

From what ive heard the yazoo/kees ztr is basiacally a lazer with littly diffrences. the lazer is the same as my toro z master wich i love to death. if in fact yazoo kees rider is a lazer i say go for it!

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, Yazoo/Kees ZTMax and Lazer Z are similar but not exactly the same mower. I bought a standard frame ZTMax last June and I do use alot of the same part as the Exmark. However the Mini Max (like the Husqvarna you are looking at) and the Lazer Z HP are not quite as similar. I know a guy who bought a Mini Max and he looks like he has been through a dirt hurricane when he is done mowing in dusty conditions. They must have excellent vacuuming capabilities :)<p>My advice, price the full size Husqvarna, I only paid about $800 more for my 61&quot; 25hp ZTMax