Husqvarna (SP?) Equipment Rating?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sniggly, Apr 8, 2003.

1. sniggly

sniggly LawnSite Member

Anyone using this stuff? Dealer gave me a quote today on several 2 stroke pieces.

2. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I love their larger saws but then I do a lot of tree work. Do a search and hopefully you will find some info from others on the blowers & trimmers.

Gravely_Man

3. lavan

lavan LawnSite Member

i am Texas and i have seen a lot more stores carrying there ZTR's and from what i have seen and heard is very positive. They appear to give a dang good cut. there is a company cutting a golf course with them and it looks good. and the price is damm good also....

4. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Husqvarna z riders are actually made by FD Kees.....if yuo want one buy the Kees and save a lot of money.

By the way..they are middle of the road in quality so the price should reflect the same...not near as heavy duty as Scag, ExMark, Great Dane etc.

Husky makes great saws..the rest of their stuff is average at best!!

5. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Ihave no personal experience but one of the largest(and very successful) commercial maintenance companies here uses their handheld equipment exclusively...I guess that in itself is a pretty good indication it isn't junk

6. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Didnt Great Dane merge or get bought out this year by JD?

atlantec landscaping logo-small.jpg

7. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I am looking to buy another trimmer in the next few days, and hedge trimmers. I think I may try the Husqvarna trimmers. Maybe?

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I have one of thier stick edgers and I'm not crazy about it.
    Under powered. Shield clogs easily.
    And I don't like the curved shaft.

I can't speak on any of thier other stuff.