Husqvarna T35 Head Reveiw.....(pics)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LynyrdSkynyrd, Jul 13, 2004.

1. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

I picked up three T35 heads last week and I can safely say that they are one of the best heads that I have ever used. My guys love them and I thought that I would pass along the enter workings to show the ups and down of these heads.

Phto 1.
    This part of the head screws to the trimmer shaft. The spring is contained within the attached blue button. These two parts do not seperate which does away with having to mess with or lost springs. The blue Button when pushed makesa 1/4 turn to advance the line. Note the grooves in the button. More on them later.

[​IMG]

Photo 2.

[​IMG]

The spool. Note the grooves on the inside. These are what engages the blue button on the head. When the button is tapped on the ground to advance the line. Both the spool and the button turns as one. The two shorter grooves (only one showen here) are for the "nipples" inwhich the line inserts.

Photo 2A.

[​IMG]

This is the spool on edge. They do not hold as much line as other spools. The "nipples" as we have came to call them can be seen here. I have tried .80 and .95 line and it is simple to insert both into the nipples. The only thing I and my guys do not like about the spool is amount of line it can hold.

Photo 3.

[​IMG]

The cap. It is much like the Stihl 25 head. Push two tangs on the head to release. The line guides can be removed and flipped over when wear accures and line cutting starts to take place.

Hint to all head manufactors... Make the line guides out of a good quailty Stainless Steele instead of Aluminum if you want to really improve a trimmer head.
    ---------------------

Overall. We love these T35 Heads. For you can remove the spool, reload with line and never have to flip the trimmer on its top. Simple and very easy to use.

So far they have stood up well without a hint of trouble. I can not give a durability report on how well that they will hold up for the long haul for I have only had them for a week. But well worth a look if you want an easy head to reload without having to filp your trimmer.

These cost me $24.00 at the local Lowes store in Charleston, WV.

2. husqvarna600c

husqvarna600c LawnSite Member

I posted on the Husqvarna head a few months ago when i first got mine. It has worked great. It loads very fast i can restring the spool in 2 minutes or so. But i also purchased a few inner spools that i keep preloaded with line. I can put a new spool in in 5 seconds and keep on going. This has been a real time saver for me. It never fails i always use to run out of string at the worse times. Before i purchased the new spool i pulled off to much string and wrapped the spool with so much that i had to take a screw driver and stuff the excess in before it would snap together. Im thinking that this will never advance line out. It did The head holds 28 feet i must have had over 35 + and it worked flawlessly.

3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Lynard, When you bought them did the instructions say that it would fit a Kawasaki trimmer? Or is there an adapter in the package for an 8mm shaft? My father in Law has a Husky trimmer and I absolutely LOVE the head and hate everything else about it!LOL. Seriously though, I'd really appreciate it if you could ley me know, as the package doesn't say. Thanks man...After my experience with the stock head and the "turd-loader" I want a good bump head.

4. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

Lawnking
    No they were no adapters with them.

If you check into it. You may be able to find a Heli-Coil thread repair insert that may work. You would need one that has 10mm outside threads and 8 mm inside for it to fit your trimmer.

I use to run only Stihl trimmers and equipment. But got fed up with thier declining quailty over the years and only run Husqvarna's now. We are using five Huskys (2) 322's and (3) 326's on the Coal mine that I am doing now. They are ran least 6 to 7 hours a day 5 and 6 days a week and have only replaced one busted shaft in the month and 1/2 that we have been on this job. For me. It is Husqvarna or nothing.

5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Rats!! I figured as much.. I here a lot of guys say good things about Husky's trimmers. His is the cheap Lowes special model 123L. It is absolutelly gutless. I looked at them at Lowes and it seemed like they all had the identical engine, with the priceyer one sporting "nice goodies" or extras, Maybe some were a solid drive shaft. On his the carburration is horrible as well. Is his a Fluke? Do yours all have the same 25? cc motor? Or do you have one's with a bigger motor? Theres no real Husky dealer local, just Lowes. Thanks for clueing me in man, I apreciate it.

6. husqvarna600c

husqvarna600c LawnSite Member

My t-35 came with adapters. There is a stud threaded on both sides M8x1.25l for Shindaiawa. 1- adapter female to female M10x1.0l for Stihl. 1- adapter female to female M10x1.0l for Poulan.

instructions show it fits Redmax,Stihl,Poulan,Shindaiwa.

7. economiclawncare

economiclawncare LawnSite Member

i got one of those heads on my new trimmer this year but the blue button starts to break a little to easy so becareful with them.

8. Emerscape

Emerscape LawnSite Member

i switched over all of our crews to those style heads. I find that having individual parts to swap in and out help in reducing the number of heads we go through in a season. We do a lot of commercial maintenance (malls, shopping centers etc.) so we are weedwacking a lot of concrete, pebbles and such. The blue heads tend to wear down quickly but i do know they changed the design and seem to be much better

9. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

I am a big fan of these heads so far as well, my only concern is the way the line is attached to the head. When we start to get low on lline, there isnt enough force to hold the line to the head resulting in losing the last two feet of line. Other than that little problem, they are great!

I have heard about the new Shindaiwa heads, they just started getting them at my main shop. They apparently can be fed from the eyes and then just wind the whole head on the machine, no taking apart or anything!!

Has anyone tried these ones yet?