1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Husqvarna Titanium Force

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by METRO 36, Mar 27, 2006.

1. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody use this trimmer line Titanium force actually contains titanium in the line.
  2. LawnScenes

LawnScenes LawnSite Member

I don't do mowing but I use the line around my home and sometimes on jobs that need heavy grass or weeds taken down. Very good line in my opinion.
  3. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

it is the best i have found. just got the free tanaka green monster sample, so don't know how it stacks up yet though. i buy the large (i think 850') spool for about $30 and it seems to last me forever.
  4. john_incircuit

john_incircuit LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I think it is very good, paid $30 for a large spool of the 105 size . Used the Stihl and Echo line (with the 4 sharp corners) in the past, this one lasts longer, plus it does not break easily.

5. METRO 36

:walking: Tanks for the response the reason i ask is i just bought a 323L husqvarna trimmer and a 125e stick edger and the dealor threw in a role of this titanium line (30.00 dollar value) so i was wondering whether to throw it on the pile or use it first i did some trimming with the 323L yesterday and i really like the string. So im siked abought the free line (well i wouldnt call it free) i also bought new blades,mulch kits,filters,oil,2cycle oil,and a few other things yester day along with the trimmer and edger, so i think i paid for it some where in those numbers.lol
  6. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, It's got titanium alright, But it's titanium dioxide otherswise known as the part of the pigment in white paint(read any white paint label). It's not very tough Gator line is better by far. The husqvarna is homeowner quality at best.
  7. Threxx

Threxx LawnSite Member

All I can tell you (I'm just a homeowner) is that Husqvarna is owned by Electrolux corporation; same people who make the weed eater brand, frigidaire, and all sorts of other once-reputable brands that went down the drain under Electrolux's control due to poor quality and poor customer support.
  8. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

I tried a spool last year and went back to my Echo Crossfire about half way thru the spool. The line itself may last quite a while but it loses it's cutting ability a lot sooner then the Echo line. For me the Echo line cuts better for longer periods of time.

9. METRO 36

do you know a website where i can buy echo crossfire line or take a look?
    there isnt an echo dealor in my town, thanks.
  10. METRO 36

i kind of figured the line didnt have much titanium in the line or it would be really high on price, i figured there was a catch there.