Husqvarna Titanium Trimmer Line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wells, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Did a search and found serveral posts but they were all from a few years back and didn't really answer my question.

My local Lowes have about 10 spools of the Husqvarna Titanium Trimmer Line that they're clearancing at a reasonable rate.

From the search i did it sounds like some like the stuff and some could care less about it. Is there anyone that currently uses it consistantly and would say it's worth trying. Just don't want to stock up on the stuff if it's garbage.

Also I read something about keeping it wet, one person said they keep their spool of trimmer line submersed in water until they need it. What's this all about?

2. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I've had good luck with it. Used it all last year, seemed to be quite durable.

3. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Wells thats the only kind that i have ever used. I think its worth its price.

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks guys i have been looking at it also and it seems like good string but i hadnt bought any yet and it is the time of year to start getting 04 supplies. I dont know what keeping it in water does but i think keping it out od the sun and uv rays does help alot

5. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Thanks for the responces. Think i'll try it out.

6. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Titanium ay? Dose it have Titanium in it or is it a marketing ploy?

I saw a bloke using a pice of braided cabel in his trimmer the other day!!:dizzy: :confused: WTF!!! Looked prety bloody scary to me.

7. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I use it.I dont soak it in water either.It seems to stick out a little straighter,and it cuts good at low rpm.I dont like running WFO all the time.

8. Jlwnsrvce

Jlwnsrvce LawnSite Member

That is all I have been using for about 5 months now. Seems to hold up real well & it rips through heavy stuff. Dont know about soaking it in water though.

9. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I went back to the old threads and pulled out these quotes about soaking your trimmer line in water. Guess it must work.

Quote from A1Lawn@Landscapes:
    "I use the Husqvarna titanium line. It only woks well when it is soaked in water or it welds. I keep it in a plastic baggy filled with water. If you read the package, there is a sponge in the package that should be kept moist. I just toss it all in water."

Quote from Clay:
    "When I lived in the hot, dry Vegas desert, I kept a 5 gallon bucket full of water and trimmer line and ran the trimmer line through a small hole in the lid.... It actually does make the trimmer less brittle and last longer...."

Quote from Adrianvbarrera:
    "When you get your roll of line....put it in a bucket of water and keep it there until you need to refill your trimmer.
    The water will make the line tougher and will last longer.
    Don't laugh until you try it. It really works."

10. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Used it for 1 season, 2 years ago. Did keep it in the refridgerator, in a small cooler full of water. Was some tough line, but was too blunt for what I was using it on. Gave some to a family member, and he never had to advance any line, until about the 3rd /4th trimming. (light trimming)
    I only use Echo Crossfire .105 myself :)