Husqvarna Trimmer Price Check

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Jan 8, 2003.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I'm looking at a Husqvarna trimmer model 232-R, brand new, never used. What does this normally sell for?

2. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

have they stopped sellin-echo,stihl,redmax,shindaiwa,and kawasaki?a senior member should know better than that.;)

3. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Why? indeed, maybe because Husqvarna makes a really good trimmer. For 3 years a husky 322L is the only trimmer I've used, it's caught hell and has never ever given me one single problem. I bought a new Stihl FS85 split-boom trimmer awhile back, it's a good trimmer too, but the only reason I didn't buy another Husqvarna is that I'm sick of the only husky dealer in town.

4. grassdaddy

so which one are you going to take to atlanta to compete with edgit??

5. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

My husky stick edger of course. Why are you down on Husqvarna? Have you used the newer commercial grade husky trimmers? By the way, I'm not going to Atlanta to compete with idgit, the deal was to compete on my turf, I only go to Atlanta if I really really have to, I can't stand big towns.

6. grassdaddy

no,i use stihl and echo.i just think a man needs to get equip. he can get serviced (right around the corner)husky may be good but lowes and northern are the only ones around here that sell them.none of the MANY mower shops sell em.

7. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Bob - Alamia.com shows a price of $359.00 w/ free shipping for the 232-L. I don't know the difference between the "R" and the "L" models.

In either case, I'd suggest that you call Emo at Russo's to double check on their price. You probably already know to ask for "Flyer Pricing" to get their best price.

After you get it, let us know how you did.

8. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Buy an Echo SRM-260S.

The best trimmer on the market at a very reasonable price of $299. Tons of power and very lightweight. Also easy to work on or have worked on if you are not mechanically inclined.

Echo is all I have used for over 15 years.

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

All my trimmers are Shindaiwa's. I don't plan on switching brands. However I came across this bargain. I figure for $100 I can't go wrong!

10. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Is that only bargain available? That is an incredible deal but is the trimmer shall we say "borrowed" rom the original owner? That deal sounds way to good to me.

Gravely_Man