Husqvarna Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by noahb195, Apr 21, 2012.

1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i've always stored mine horizontal sitting upright on the floor. both of them. :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

How you like the 324? It looks brand new!

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

it is brand new. :laugh: i love it!

4. B&SFTW

B&SFTW LawnSite Member

idk, I was at a true value the other day and the guy was itching to demo a husky (not sure the model, but it was a 2 stroke). it was quiet, seemed to have decent power and all, but the dumb thing took forever (probably 2 minutes and a lot of attempts) to get started and stay running (and he was the one starting it). I love that my briggs only takes 1-2 pulls then stays running until it runs out of gas. I'm not saying the husky is a bad machine, it just seems like they (and stihls) have a hard time starting.

5. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

You sure the guy knew what he is doing? This is True Value Hardware? You should know that any of the small engine, once you flood it, it is not going to start. I don't care whether it's a Honda, Shindaiwa or what. If you flood the engine, it can be very stubborn. I had this happened even with my Big Honda trimmer.
    I had my Echo HC151 as the first 2 cycle, I had battle with that one. It was until I learn the method of starting it, then it really behave.

6. B&SFTW

B&SFTW LawnSite Member

yeah, I'm pretty sure this guy knew how to start it, it's his trimmer, and he sells/repairs them for a living. I had similar problems getting a stihl 4 mix (why make a 4 stroke you have to add oil to the gas? AARGH) to start, today. granted, this isn't my everyday machine, but it was a very stubborn starter, then didn't want to stay started once it did.

7. ommegang

ommegang LawnSite Member

I store mine with trimmer guard on the rafter joist, ie: upside down. Never had a problem. I just purchased a Husky 326ls. Is it alright to continue to store it this way?

8. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

326 is 2 cycle, no problem in storing position at all. Even Shindaiwa C4 and Stihl 4MIx should have no issue.

Good to know I can hang the other way around, I just never try that.

9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

my trimmers start 1-2 pulls every time. both of them do. the honda and the husqvarna.

10. B&SFTW

B&SFTW LawnSite Member

just to make me look bad, the stihl started second pull today, but it still didn't want to stay running for a little bit.