Husqvarna Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C&K, Apr 9, 2007.

1. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

I've been thinking of trying a Husqvarna trimmer. Before everyone starts screaming stihl, redmax, echo and shindaiwa, I've found the 323 pro-trimmer weighs only 9 lbs. and $279.00 and I believe 1.2 hp. Anyone with any experience with these?

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

323s are very good units. I am seriously looking at getting 1 of these in the next couple weeks.

3. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

well i picked up a 324 at TSC about four weeks ago and I returned it last week because it was a royal POS. Had no power and never knew when it was going to run. Manager was cool. No questions asked. Promptly left and went straight to my Stihl dealer and picked up a FS 110 and it actually cost LESS! Go figure.

4. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

we have 2 husqvarna 323 trimmers and love them.1 is 2 years old and has been used a lot and still runs like new. only problems are gas line from tank to carb it rots.replace 1 gas line per year.easy fix.

5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Husky 323 trimmers are great. Light weight and not much vibration. I think you wold be happy with one. JMO

6. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

I have never heard of a 324, most likely some china crap just for TSC. I have two 326L's and can't say enough about them.

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I've got 3 Husky 323's and one is going on its 7th season. No real problems to date, just put gas in and they start on 2nd pull, even after sitting all winter.

8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I now have 2- 323L's. By far they are the BEST trimmers Iv'e ever operated. Lightweight, loads of power, and the head comes apart super easy.

I just bought my newest one at TSC (because we don't have any other Husqvarna dealer around here). Not as happy with it though... The fuel line is the black rubber kind and is wound up like a cork screw and I can't get it straightened, like it was off the end of the roll. Looks like I'm going to have to replace it, the fuel filter tends to be at the top of the tank with it and sucks air...

What cracks me up is that so many guys ASSUME that the Husqvarna handheld stuff is the same as the POS equipment that's turned out of Nebraska. It's NOT. The handhelds are made in SWEDEN.

The 324L models is their 4 stroke trimmers. Yes, they are odd, they don't use a mix, it uses straight gas and has an oil reservoir.

One thing Iv'e found with ALL small equipment, you MUST give it TIME to break in before you claim that it's lacking power! I find that it takes several tanks of fuel before the power really starts to come on and it runs right.

9. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

i bought 2 last spring had problems with the pull start and throttle on the carb. they were in the shop more than i used them. so i switched to echo haven't had any problems yet with them. i have one of those husqvarnas left your welcome to have this junk.

10. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

We have three 323-l & one 326, been very good trimmers. One is around 6 years old, 1st or 2nd pull every time.