Husqvarna Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowerUp, Mar 16, 2000.

1. MowerUp

MowerUp LawnSite Member
    from NC

Does anyone have experience with the new 325LX Husqvarna trimmers? I saw one at a trade show and it seemed to have exceptional power. Is this true in the field?<p>

2. A CUT ABOVE

A CUT ABOVE LawnSite Member

Don't have experience with the 325LX, but 90% of my 2-cycle stuff is Husky. I love em!!

3. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

Heavy& they heat up scoring the cylinder also chk to see how many rings are on the piston,i think you<br>will be in for a big surprise<br>

4. CLM1

CLM1 LawnSite Member

Funny, I was shopping for an edger today. I too like the Husky. I have had a Husky saw since Hugo rolled through here back in '89. It's a real cutting machine and very dependable.<br>Dave, could you elaborate alittle more on this? What's your opinion on what's availble in the marketplace? Thanks!

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have a Husky chain saw and the 245 trimmer for brush and would not recomend Husky to anyone.

6. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I've got two Husqvarnas, a 225L and a 122. I personally like the 122 best because of it's 9.2# weight, and still has .9HP. The 225L is an ok trimmer, but a tad too heavy. I demoed the 325 at Expo 99 and found it to be a very light and powerful unit. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Thanks, Lynn

7. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Not sure about the new stuff, but the older (few years anyway) stuff was rebadged junk. My husky 41 saw is nothing but a crapsman, or Poulan, with orange paint. Live and learn. Next saw will not be a husky.<p>Bill

8. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Mowerup, I just purchased a Husqvarna 322L straight shaft trimmer. Has 22.5cc engine w/ a straight shaft and solid drive shaft,weighs in at only 8.4lbs,a huge plus if you will be using for long periods of time. I think that is plently of power for trimming grass. Paid $279.00. Hope this helps make your decision.

9. Buddy2

Buddy2 LawnSite Member

The new 300 series trimmers are an exceptional piece of equipment. They are lighter, more powerful, quieter and THEY MEET<br>EPA. All product lines have teething problems<br>from time to time, the difference is how the dealer looks after it. These units have been out for 2 years and have had VERY little trouble.

10. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

Mower Up, Mower Up, is that like cowboy up or something? Anyway Husky products was my virgin run back when I started out with new equipment. I've either owned or operated them all at one time or another because my dad was a dealer. The 325 is a good machine minus all the plastic molded I can't wait 2 break crap around the handle. When you need parts forget it, I had previously ordered two 325's myself but they backordered them twice so I went with Red Max<br>instead. Husky prouducts are good if you buy the high-end stuff, but grab your wallet come time 4 repairs. Try a Red Max or a Shindaiwa you'll be happier in the long run.