husqvarna vs echo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by johntx14, Jan 4, 2012.

1. johntx14

johntx14 LawnSite Member

i have had an echo trimmer and love it was wondering how a 25cc husqvarna compares to a 25cc echo since the husqvarna is a little cheaper.

2. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

Both are well proven, Husky is lighter and cheaper. I would go with Husky myself.

On top, I think Husky have adjustable carb......Big big plus.

3. johntx14

johntx14 LawnSite Member

thanks for the input

4. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I run husky trimmers and love the weight and power. I still run my first one daily from 12 yrs. ago. I also have 3 others. One dedicated to power brooming and one with a blade. I'm sure the echo is comparable. But husky is my preference. $300 for the 326 e-tech. Pretty affordable and super durable.

5. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

Husqvarna and Husky are two different brand's.

6. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

No they re not. Husqvarna have been referred as husky for years and years.

7. Johnagain

Johnagain LawnSite Senior Member

Echo carbs are adjustable. You have to remove the plugs to get to the screws.

8. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

I used Echo most of my life including when I worked for another LCO. When I started my business a few years ago I used Husky and I have to say echo's are junk! I have two husky a 125L and I think a 235L and it just puts the echo to shame. Weight, price, performance, reliability. I'm the guy that edges everything with the trimmer upside down and I throw it in the bed of my truck and that baby gets thrown around and tips upside down when I'm driving. Echo has gone down hill and I will never get one even if it was free.

9. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I started out with Echo 20 some years ago and used them for about 6 - 7 years without problems. Then switched to Husqvarna and have never looked back. Power to weight ratio can't be beat. I also like the current head they are using better than the speed-feed heads on the Shinys.

10. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Technically you are correct, but not for the purpose of the dicussions on this site generally. As ashgrove landscaping said, Husqvarna's are very often called Husky's, and have been for as far back as I can recall (which is quite a while).

The Husky brand you are most likely talking about is the one they sell at TSC, and is a subsidiary brand of MTD.

As far as the choice between the two being discussed here, I have nothing against Echo, but would take the Husky any day first. Most of Husky's trimmer units (under 30cc's) are Red Max's in orange garb anyway, since Huqvarna owns RM, but RM bulds most of Husky's handhelds.