Husqvarna Walk behind users

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sildoc, Dec 11, 2003.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Ok Exmark is great right? Great well closest exmark dealer is 70 miles one way. So best dealer support is the husky dealer. My question for those of you that have a husky hydro walk behind, How do you like them? Have you had any problems? How do they stripe and cut? Have you ran a different mower before? I have a option to buy the WHF 4215 ETS
    for 4000. Floating deck, eletric start, Kaw 15hp Hydro. Is it worth it?

Thank you.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Boy that dealer location thing sound somewhat familiar. One maybe two dealers of some other brands while one the other hand I can think of six Yazoo/Kees-Husqvana dealers right off the top of my head.

I haven't used the WB's but the units you are looking at have more nice features than any other in the industry. However, unless you are restriced by your accounts, I suggest you move up to atleast the 48" which would sport exactly the same deck as my Kees ZTR. My avatar pic is an example of the cut quality and the bone stock stripe.

I say move up for a few reasons. I know the 48" deck, many blades fit it, productivity and I have heard that the blade tip speed is dramatically lower with the 42" deck. This is due to the fact that it is a 3 blade 42" as opposed to being a conventional 2 blade 42" deck. The blade tip speed is slow because the blades are really short. However this may have changed and they may have re-greared the deck with different pulley sizes to speed it up. Consult the literature and your dealer to find out for sure.

3. sildoc

Thanks Envy. I wasn't even thinking on blade tip speed. The only reason I am even considering is cause the dealer support. Other wise I would go with toro (very poor dealer here.)

4. sildoc

any body else have a take on this? I am looking to buy soon wether it be husky or toro. As I stated before toro dealer stinks.

5. hunter

hunter LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

either one I believe you would like. I use a Husky 36 WB, not hydro, but I like it and the cut is great. Stripes good even in St. Augustine grasses.

I beleive you'll like the Husky, especially if your buying the new controls they offer. Didn't have them when I bought mine.

6. sildoc

hunter what is the production rate on the 36 belt? Does it have a strong enough engine to pull you on a sulky and does it mulch well?