Husqvarna walk-behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rayray, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Rayray

Rayray LawnSite Member

i was gonna purchase a 36" gear drive for spring ,,,but i was wondering if the pto was engaged by hand or by a electric clutch??? also how well built are these mowers ....

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

The PTO is manually enguaged with a lever. These mowers don't seem to be very popular but they look like they are pretty good mowers. If the price was right and the dealer was good then go for it. Have also heard they have a good cut quality and the decks are built pretty strong with 10 guage steel and a 7 guage top plate bolted on. That is similar to most other mowers.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

They are not that popular i myself would try 1 it is a kees yazoo,what the best part of a wb is raising the deck with a simple 1 lever.

4. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

i have a husqvarna z 48" and it is a beast and they are not popular here but the dealer is great.

5. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

Willretire, what kind of price is that new z going for up there. I would love to demo one but we don't have a dealer around here.

6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Go with the 36" hydro wh3615e.
    Around here almost every one has husqvarna mowers cause the dealer is great. You cant really tell the cut difference when driving around. A heck of alot more options than any other mower for lesser price.
    All I can say is test cut one and make up your own mind.