Husqvarna YTH2454 Deck too big

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by rebaths, Apr 23, 2008.

1. rebaths

rebaths LawnSite Member
    from None

Hi,

Going to buy a lawn tractor soon to cut my 1 acre lawn. Most of my other stuff (chainsaw, string trimmer, blower) is Husqvarna so I looked at their riding lawn tractors first. My local Tractor Supply Co. has the Husqvarna model YTH2454 for a pretty good price. My only issue is the deck is too big. I am looking for something 48" maximum. I've had a JD with a 54" deck and hated it. Too big to fit between certain trees, uneven cutting on parts of my yard with slopes, and most importantly, it takes less time to cut so I can't relax on the tractor as long!

If I buy this Husqvarna (and the Tractor Supply store only sells this one model) could I exchange it for a smaller deck? Would it be compatible?

Thanks!

2. lawnmon

lawnmon LawnSite Member

I don't think I'd go there.

If you want a Husky, go to an independant Husky dealer and look at the 2042LS, the 2246LS and the 2348LS.

Why a Husky? Would a Snapper, Simplicity, or Deere, etc. do the job?

3. rebaths

rebaths LawnSite Member
    from None

Oh yeah, most anything would do the job! I have OCD and wanted all my equipment to be a matching orange color :)

I do like snappers.. very simplistic and Forrest-Gumpy. Never heard of a Simplicity..... will look into it.

4. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey why not look into a Z if your going to buy a tractor. A ZTR will knock a hour or so off the time it would take to mow with a tractor. Husky does make a ok Z..