Husqvarna yth24v48ls leaving unmowed center strip

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by laraby, Jun 11, 2013.

1. laraby

laraby LawnSite Member

Hi - can you give me some things to check? husqvarna made funny noise when mowing and now leaving center strip not mowed at all. I'm woman who has had no problems with this lawn tractor for several years. I have handyman coming over to look at it in few days - what should we be looking for?
    thanks in advance

2. Whippit96

Whippit96 LawnSite Member

How wide is the strip of grass that it is missing? If it's a very thin strip then you probably hit something with the outer edge of the one blade causing it to round off. If that's the case a new set of blades will take care of the problem.

3. laraby

laraby LawnSite Member

about 1 foot wide

4. Whippit96

Sounds like you actually broke one end of the blade off for it to leave a strip that wide. Won't know for sure until your handy man gets a good look underneath.

5. KLawn75

KLawn75 LawnSite Member

Sounds like your center blade fell off.

6. laraby

laraby LawnSite Member

ha! well, I didn't see it fall off when I was mowing. Sounds like it will be obvious when he looks underneath. Thanks.

7. 1Sharkey

1Sharkey LawnSite Member
    from STL

Is the center pulley stripped out, as to where it is not spinning the center blade?

8. laraby

laraby LawnSite Member

someone is coming to look at the lawn tractor tomorrow/Thursday night - I'll get back to you if he gets stumped. Hopefully it will be obvious. thanks everyone for your input.

9. Whippit96

So any update as to what the problem was?

10. laraby

laraby LawnSite Member

yep - center blade had fallen off - duh! thanks for everyone's input and support.