1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Husqvarna ZTR

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by TiredOfWalking, Oct 10, 2003.

1. TiredOfWalking

TiredOfWalking LawnSite Member

This is just more out of curiosity than anything and I did a search and saw little on this.

Someone was trying to tell me about how good the Husqvarna ZTR's are (not a dealer). In particular, the CZ4815. It has a 48 in deck with a 15hp Kawasaki twin (which seems small for a 48in deck). Price was about $3900.

If I buy anything it will probably be the Fastrak or maybe a Lazer CT (unless something used comes up). I was just curious what people think of the Husqvarna.
  2. BigDave

BigDave LawnSite Member

Based on the impression I had when I examined and sat on the wimpy Husq. that they sell at Lowes -- I'd say stick with your instincts on the Fastrak or CT.
  3. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

The CZ is a consumer z, the deck is from a lawn tractor and would not think it would cut well.
    The one they sell at Lowes and the more expensive Swedish rider are very nice. They mulch very well - I used one for a couple of weeks. No it is not a commercial Z, but it is a very nice residential mower and would not hesitate to buy one for myself if I was just mowing my own lawn.
    The Comm. Z by Husky is nice, i liked the way it cut and how it drove - but they start at $5000 and go to about $12,000. I dont know by your other posts you want to spend over $5000 though.

The size of Fastrak you posted in another thread would run about $7000 in the Husky

The best way to see what you like is to demo - call around and see what a dealer can do for you.
  4. TiredOfWalking

TiredOfWalking LawnSite Member

Thanks. I've already demo'd the Fastrak and will be demo-ing the CT in a week or two (once local dealer gets it in). Fastrak felt great! Like I've read though, you sit low in the seat, but that doesn't bother me. It just feels like an awesome machine.
  5. North Country

North Country LawnSite Member

I just bought a CZ4815. I'll only be doing a few lawns with it. I'll let ya know how it turns out in a future review.

We are mainly into manufactured retaining walls, paver brick walkways, and patios.
  6. Groves

Groves LawnSite Member

Well? How'd that CZ4815 work out? I'm thinking about buying a used one
  7. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

4 year old thread....
  8. Groves

Groves LawnSite Member

I thought that'd be enough time for him to gather his thoughts. Shall I check back in another year?
  9. iceberger

iceberger LawnSite Member

I bought a used IZ4821 about 4 years ago. I bought it from a dealer (demo) and I cut 2 acres with it in Arkansas, so I cut about 8 months out of the year. The Kaw engine starts easily and has plenty of power (21 HP) for what I do. I have some fairly steep grades, which it handles easily. The drives seem touchy, and it's difficult to get a nice smooth start from a dead stop. The repair guys says that's just what Husqvarna's do. I've had it in for repair twice (stuck float in carb), but since I've been using Seafoam, no more problems. That is the only problem I've had. It's the low-end commercial mower, so it's plenty tough. It's NOT the ones you see at Lowes. There are a lot of good ZTR's out there, but I would not hesitate to buy another Huaquvarna.