Husqvarna ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cutworm, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Cutworm

Cutworm LawnSite Member

I was in a shop today that sold Toro and Husqvarna. He said Husqvarna had done quite well with them and he had a floor model with 27HP Kohler and 61" cut he said I could get for ~$7100. Anyone used Husq or what?

2. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Bought 1 from my friend next door & got a good deal as he was getting out of the biz.. Not crazy about it. But it does leave a good cut & the leaf collector works good. Just seems like there's always something wrong with it, just small stuff & I only use it as a back up most of the time.. Mainly I just like my Dixie Chopper better. The Husky is good on hills also

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

There is no dobt about it, they are good mowers like all of them. Just look at it and see if you like it and if you do then demo it. $7100 is a pretty good price for that size mower but if you like it and try to buy it you should make him knock that $100 off.

4. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

The dealer here is going out of the lawn business for Husky. He has a ztr, 72" deck 26 kohler efi for 7700. Im thinkin hard as I have a couple of large properties and am bidding on a couple more. I have the 48" WB, Belt drive. Little things wrong a lot, but it makes a nice stripe when the deck is set up right. I think the spindles aren't that sturdy, got one rattling and its a 2004 model.

5. ezlc2004

ezlc2004 LawnSite Member

I would really consider a smaller deck. The 72" seems to float a lot (I have a friend who just went from a 60" to 72" and is very unhappy). I run a 61" and would never go bigger. But thats just me. As far as Husq., they seem to be ok. I have a Husq. comm. walk behind and its holding up well. However I dont see any lawn companies in NWOhio running them. I do see a lot of home owners that are buying them.