1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Husqvarna ZTR

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by iceberger, Jan 24, 2005.

1. iceberger

iceberger LawnSite Member

Does anyone have an opinion on Husqvarna ZTR's? I'm a homeowner, cutting a little over 2 acres. The way my yard lays out, I have some side hill cutting, so a low center of gravity would be nice. We live out, so the yard doesn't need to look manicured.

I'm looking at 3 different mowers now: 1) Exmark Lazer Z HP, 2002 with 119 hours, 44" cut and 17 HP Kawasaki. $4,000 2) Hustler Super Z, 2001, 677 hours (came from a golf course), 52" cut and 25 HP Kawasaki. $4,000 3). Huaqvarna IZ4217, new with 42" cut and 17 HP Kawasaki. $5,100. All air cooled.

I would have to pay delivery on the Exmark and Hustler (about $400), but the shipping on the Husky is free.

I'm wondering about the hours on the Hustler. I would probably only be using it for 3-4 hours per week, and from reading this forum, they appear to be good mowers, but 677 seems like a lot. The Exmark dealer is about 40 miles away and the Husky dealer is about 11 miles away. I have a Great Dane/John Deere repair guy living across the street.
  2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

The Hustlers sound good to me. If they've been well maintained then thats not a lot of hours. You should expect to see 3000 hrs or more before any major problems. If the dealer is only 11 miles away why do you have to pay shipping? Are the mowers located farther away? I would get the used super z for $4400 before i'd get the new husky for $5100. How much are you mowing? You will be able to get done a lot quicker with a 52" super z than a little 42" ztr. Hope that helps.