1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Husqvarna ZTR's?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brookline, Jun 1, 2011.

1. brookline

brookline LawnSite Senior Member

Went to the dealer to browse today and noticed they started carrying them. They look like tanks next to the exmarks and scags he sells and a comparison of equal models the Husqvarna is significantly cheaper. I have searched and found that they have incredible cut quality compared to exmark, I just want to know more about the durabilitty of the other components because I am almost sold on the machines. Any experiences?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. johndeeretech09

johndeeretech09 LawnSite Member

i havent had a whole lot of experience with them yet, but i am becoming a dealer soon. from what i have seen they seem to be one hell of a machine. they have a goood pump and motor set up. they have the awesome fx series engines. and i have read that the pz decks are in the top 3 for best decks. so far i think they are a great machine!
  3. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I hope to see one in person this year. I might even drive to demo one. The cut quality is what so many mowers struggle with and this deck looks like a winner. Time wll tell.
  4. brookline

brookline LawnSite Senior Member

Sitting next to scags and exmarks at the dealer I was shocked at how much beefier the frame and deck was on the Husqvarnas. The boxed frame on an exmark looked roughly 2"x3" while the Husqvarna looked roughly 3"x4"
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. crocs27

crocs27 LawnSite Member

I have the pz6034 and it's a beast

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seen pictures of Castlerock and his stripes are nice in an area that does not stripe well. He talks them up alot. Now as far as them being more dependable then scag or exmark. Only time will tell. I can say that I am not a fan of how HUSQO does business. They do not care about the little man. They would sell that mower in home dopot and lowes in a heart beat if it ment more money to them.

They also put alot of people out of work when they closed down thier plants around the country and moved everything to NC. Just ask JimQ about that.
  7. Randy G.

Randy G. LawnSite Member

They are the same thing as a Yazoo/Kees.
  8. FryDaddy

FryDaddy LawnSite Member

I have one of the LZ models and its a good mower to me. The newer PZ models are suppose be even better. As far as the plant movement, they did move operations to NC & SC. As with any manufacturer, it will be the dealer support that makes or breaks the machine because some of the machines will have problems. I had a faulty pto clutch & my local dealer had me back together in in few days after droping of mower.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, that sucked. I really enjoyed my job. But, that's life.

It's too bad that Engineering group was broken up. We had a good group of guys put together and spent years working on the PZ project making sure it was right. Only a hand full (less than 5) relocated to Charlotte. Everyone else scattered. The Design Engineer who was primarily responsible for the PZ went to eXmark.

The PZ is a good machine. It will compete with anything out there. In my opinion, the cut quality and ability to process large amounts of grass is one of the best in the industry.

The design is solid. My only fear is quality related issues. They are now trying to build them in the same plant that builds the Craftsman lawn tractors and everyones favorite, the Weedeater One! :laugh:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  10. Skidpad

Skidpad LawnSite Member

JimQ: although I'm new on this site, I've read a lot of your posts about the Husqvarna line. I was impressed with them, and came very close to purchasing an MZ6128 recently - I loved it, but the 61" deck just wouldn't work very well in my storage location. The new 52" model couldn't be found locally here in NC - reportedly due to the plant relocations, so I purchased a Bobcat at essentially the same price point as the MZ6128.

Nevertheless, sorry to hear about your job - I agree Husqvarna is building some attractive mowers in the MZ and PZ lines.

By the way...my recent ZTR purchase replaced a Weedeater (AYP) 42" lawn "tractor"! :D