1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by METRO 36, Mar 26, 2006.

1. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a 323L today and a 125E edger, if used alot of husky chainsaws for years and like the way they run so i figured id give there trimmers a try. I used both today and i really like them,there light,queite and dont have much vibration. My question is there anyone that has always used still or redmax,etc.That has switched to husqvarna? Or viceversu switched from husqvarna to still or another brand or run both?:confused:
  2. northernsvc's

northernsvc's LawnSite Member

i have 2 husqvarna blowers and have had them both for three years, i do the pm on them every year and they still run like new. i have a stihl chainsaw and wouldn't go with any other though i hear there new ones are having some problems. i used to have echo for everything else but i just switched this year to shindawa. bought an articulating hedge trimmer, and a string trimmer.
  3. METRO 36

I have a husqvarna 51 chainsaw but all the rest are still i love power still has when it comes to chainsaws, so i agree with you on the chainsaw. there awesome
  4. Rayray

Rayray LawnSite Member

I have two Husky trimmers, the 322L and the 326rjx, the second one is more of a brushcutter and I dont use it has much as the 322L, I love that thing, its light, smooth and very good vibration wise.
  5. Rayray

Rayray LawnSite Member

How do you like that husky edger vs. a stihl edger?
  6. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Husky 323L trimmer, its a nice machine, great power, low weight, basically everything I could ask for, except I NEVER have to clean the air filter. its nearly maintainence free, save for cleaning out the dirt in the housings, wiping the unburnt oil off it, and little stuff like reloading the spool on the cutter head.
  7. METRO 36

when i my first still bought edger it was used but in good shape and i like the way it ran (it was stolen along with my still trimmer this last winter) i think it had a little more power but i think the husqvarna runs a little smoother and less vibration and its defintly quieter which i really like. As far as the edger goes i think it does just as good as the still the power difference i think unless you ran on everyday you wouldnt notice, its a minimul difference. Its just so much smoother, but i never had a brand new still, so i probaly couldnt answer that question as good as many on this site. I personally like it better. I really like the trimmer though its awesome and its so easy to reload the string.

Has anyone ever used the husqvarna 0.95 Titanium Force premium trimmer line? any info would be aprecated.

i probaly would not have bought it but my dealor threw in 35.00 spool for free. seems to work pretty good but i probaly only used 5 feet so far but ill keep ya posted.
  8. METRO 36

i edged up abought 150 feet of sidewalk today with my new edger and it worked great cut threw 3 inches of dirt and grass no problem. The grass was growing 4-10 inches over the sidewalk it was nasty, i think i like it better than my stihl edger i had. the only thing i dont like is the single wheel, i wish it had a double wheel.
  9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i switched over to husky and love the stuff. i will never buy another sthil product ever. nothing but trouble from all my stihl stuff (except for the back pack blowers)
  10. METRO 36

i really like mine to