1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vipermanz, Jun 2, 2002.

1. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i picked up a random copy of turf mag today and noticed the aerators advertised by Husqvarna are identical to Bluebird aerators,,Is There A Connection???????
  2. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Bluebird is owned by Husqvarna:From their website:
    BlueBird International, a division of Husqvarna Turf Care Company, plans to close the
    Denver, Colorado operation and consolidate manufacturing capabilities in Beatrice,
    Nebraska. Husqvarna Turf Care Company president, Anders Berggren announced the
    upcoming changes on April 30 th . “In a continuous evaluation of our business model, our
    goal is to improve deliveries to our customers and optimize our manufacturing
    capabilities while reducing costs. The consolidation of the two operations will, over the
    long term, help us to better service our customers’ needs and improve our competitive
    position. The BlueBird brand is an integral part of our long-term strategy and is well
    recognized in the rental market. This consolidation will help us to continue to support
    and grow the BlueBird brand.”
  3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

as time goes by u will see this a lot more ,as this seems to be the way big buisiness is going.not sure i like it either.
    the parent company , electrolux produces so many different things ,it would boggle the mind..
    heck ,i think they even sell vacuum cleaners.:). ps . their owned by frigidaire. and rumor is they once built refrigerators.
  4. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I used to race their dirt bikes in the 70's, very sturdy machines. That seems to be a trademark of Husqvarna. Just look at what they've done to improve Yazoo/Kees after they were bought by Husqvarna. I really like the Husqvarna movers and am looking forward to seeing more innovations from them.
  5. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I remeber those bikes you could shoot the gastank with a 357 and you would have thought it was done with a bb gun. If they hold the same quality with there lawncare line they will be hard to beat in a very short time.
  6. Clint

Clint LawnSite Member
    from Texas

husky is great, i have a 325L-X trimmer, and 165bt backpack blower, these machines are great, havent had a problem yet, still running strong, i'm impressed with the quality and power, I dont think i'll be changing brands. I would have bought a walk behind from them but i decided to go with exmark :)