husqvarna?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by estes47, Mar 7, 2003.

1. estes47

estes47 LawnSite Member

anybody out there have any info on these machines any feedback on em' . the good and bad. i'm thinking of picking up a 1 yr old 42" for 2000 or should i get a new 46" lesco for an extra 300. thanx...

2. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco 21" would be better than the 42" Husqvarna. Trust me.

3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I went to a husqvarna seminar in florida. They are learning, improving, but not at a level I am comfortable with. Lesco is probably a copy made by someone else that has been building them longer. for reliability, I'd go with the lesco for now.

Daveg

4. IBGreen

I just can't stand my Husqvarna dealer. I wanted to demo a mower last year and he said " Husqvarna doesn't demo mowers". I was so shocked at the retardation level that I walked out without saying a word. What kind of people have I envolved myself with?

5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Yeah, he kinda aggravated me too. I had to buy a new gas cap for my bp blower. He charged me $17.00 and some change!

6. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

Husqvarna two-cycle equipment is pretty good especially the chain saws. I've had a blower for 5 years with no significant problems.... I don't know to much about their mowers though.

7. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Demo'd one over a year ago. The blow back from the front left tire ran up my shorts depositing a ton of debri up my crotch. The dirtiest I've ever been on a riding Z.

Had high lifts and was cutting bahaia grass- the 24 (?) Kawasaki would bog down when I hit certain spots- it was only 3 to4" high.

Cordially,
    S.

8. jlcare

jlcare LawnSite Member

I run nothing but husqvarna equipment and it has to yet let me down. Sheppard,I don't know what you're talking about. I run a 52" ZTR and it gives one of the best and cleanest cuts I've ever seen. This will piss some people off but here goes. Would pick it over an exmark or deere or a scag any day. Also, dealer support here is wonderful. Just my experience.:blob2: :blob2: :blob2:

9. IBGreen

I do think their large fram mowers are good, not the small or intermediate though. I wouldn't ever buy one again because of dealer support. Although I have heard a new dealer has opened up two locations and deals Husky.

10. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

No offence meant...that was just my poor demo experience. Demo'd it twice as a matter of fact- 4 months apart.

If you love then more power to ya'.

Cordially,
    S.