husqvarna

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

who out there uses husqvarna trimmers and edgers and blowers. and do you like them? and what are the pros and cons?
    thanks

2. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Had a husqvarna handheld blower for 2 seasons - had to throw it away after spending about $50 on repairs and still did't work. Another LCO here in town uses the husqvarna trimmers. IMHO it's nothing compared to my Echo srm260 and John Deere 140. It looks and sounds cheap.
    Good Luck
    PC

3. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Stay away from Husky...great chain saws, and that's where it stops....Stihl, Red Max, Shinindawa are all far better

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

We used a Husky Backpack blower (140 model) for years and never had a minutes trouble with it and it is still on a trailer today as a backup.

5. scott in the soo

scott in the soo LawnSite Member

husky make an excellent commercial zero turn mower.. i have been using one all season and it cuts like a champ...

6. husqvarna, makes excellent two cycle equipment ..the 326lx is a very good trimmer lots of power.

The edgers chainsaw's and trimmer's are right up there close to the top .The blowers power wise are second tier there not up there power wise with top of the line echo and redmax and use a kawasaki motor on most of em.

7. jaguar4000

jaguar4000 LawnSite Member

have a husqvarna trimmer- 322L I think it is. 4yrs old and this thing has performed great and held up well. Although I no longer have a LCO biz I have put quite a few hours on it. Ran several shindaiwa trimmers before this one. They were great and lasted forever but I decided to save the extra money that I would have spend on the shindy. Will probably go w/ an echo trimmer next time- only b/c everything else that I am running is echo. If I do not I will go back w/ the husqvarna. Don't know anything about there blowers, mowers, etc., but I do know that you cannot go wrong with there trimmers. Lowe's carries them also if you do not have a dealer nearby.

8. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

The trimmers are great stuff. I recommend the 326l it has the weight of a small echo and the power of a stihl.
    Chainsaws are great
    Handheld blower is junk
    165 backpack blower has performed well for me.
    XP ZTR's are much better than you'd expect.

9. Josh18

Josh18 LawnSite Member
    from AL

I have been using the 323 trimmer and the 145 backpack blower. Both start and run great. I think the blower could use a little more power though.

10. doublesharp

doublesharp LawnSite Senior Member

I've got 322L and like it fine. Very light and plenty of power. Pump primer bulb 5 times, pull once on full choke pull again on 1/2 choke and it starts.